ฺิีbut the file name is not like my file name

it always name"Print"

What can i do for it?

Thank you
oholarik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 11:35 AM   #2
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Do you mean the Sony calls your imported books "print?" That is so weird! Maybe it has to do with how you are creating the PDF?

I'll be interested to see what those with much more skills than I possess will tell you.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2009, 11:35 AM   #3
BookishDreamer
Cultural Artist
BookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 2
Have you tried updating the file name or title in the document properties of the Word file or pdf?

Dreamer
BookishDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 11:52 AM   #4
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Right-click on the file.
Select rename.
Rename.

Then import to the Reader.

By the way, the Sony readers will also accept Doc files and will automatically convert them to rtf. So you may not need to convert to pdf, unless you need to preserve very complex formatting.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 12:02 PM   #5
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
In the virtual PDF printers I have used a dialog box comes up with a default location and name, but both are changeable via the dialog box. If not, as Patricia says, rename after the fact.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2009, 03:24 PM   #6
sayhello
Addict
sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505 (Blue!), PRS-650 (Black), iPad, iPod Touch
I know that for word docs, the filename that displays on the 505 is the "Title" in the properties of the document, not the actual filename.

Before you import/sync the file, right-click on the filename on your computer, go to "Properties", and on the "PDF" tab (not General tab) make sure the title and author are what you want to display on the 505. They will probably say "Print". If you created it, you *should* be able to change it. (This is for XP. Don't know if other OS's are the same).

Sayhello
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 12:43 PM   #7
oholarik
oholarik began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayhello View Post
I know that for word docs, the filename that displays on the 505 is the "Title" in the properties of the document, not the actual filename.

Before you import/sync the file, right-click on the filename on your computer, go to "Properties", and on the "PDF" tab (not General tab) make sure the title and author are what you want to display on the 505. They will probably say "Print". If you created it, you *should* be able to change it. (This is for XP. Don't know if other OS's are the same).

Sayhello
Thank you very much

Your answer hit my point
oholarik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 10:40 PM   #8
sayhello
Addict
sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505 (Blue!), PRS-650 (Black), iPad, iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by oholarik View Post
Thank you very much

Your answer hit my point
Yay! Glad I could be of help!

Sayhello
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote