Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

View Poll Results: Which book shall we read to celebrate Banned Book Week?
A Farewell to Arms by Ernest Hemingway 14 26.92%
Complete Works of Sappho (Delphi Ancient Classics) by Sappho of Lesbos 12 23.08%
Fairy Tales by Hans Christian Andersen 9 17.31%
The Satanic Verses by Salman Rushdie 22 42.31%
Lady Chatterly's Lover by D.H. Lawrence 10 19.23%
Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston 11 21.15%
No Orchids for Miss Blandish by James Hadley Chase 14 26.92%
Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keyes 15 28.85%
The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck 19 36.54%
Fade by Robert Cormier 11 21.15%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-12-2013, 06:48 PM   #31
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kobo Touch
Oh good, there is an "aha!" moment. At the moment I'm just going with the flow and enjoying it more than I was expecting to do.
Bookpossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 01:21 PM   #32
BelleZora
Wizard
BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kobo Libra 2
Just finished The Satanic Verses and can hardly wait for the discussion. Although I didn't vote for it, I'm glad it won. It was worth the initial struggle to get into the book. I've been thinking about the nature of good and evil all morning.

Plus I read (finally) Lady Chatterley's Lover and will read No Orchids for Miss Blandish before the month is out. The MR book club has been invaluable for encouraging me to read books I would otherwise have passed over.
BelleZora is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-13-2013, 05:46 PM   #33
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
The Satanic verses: reading......reading..539 pages.....
Read Lady Chatterly's lover a long time ago........so: check!
Thinking about rereading the Mahabharata.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote