Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2013, 12:03 PM   #2011
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen angel View Post
They were all from ao3, not ffnet but I guess they could have a similar policy. Thanks anyway!
If you don't tell me which site, I have to guess and ffnet is the most popular.
Old 10-22-2013, 12:07 PM   #2012
Fallen angel
Time Vortex Manipulator
Fallen angel began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Oh sorry, ao3 is an abbreviation for http://archiveofourown.org/.
Old 10-22-2013, 12:15 PM   #2013
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen angel View Post
Oh sorry, ao3 is an abbreviation for http://archiveofourown.org/.
I know that. You didn't mention it in relation to this issue.

Looking back, I suppose you did mention it in relation to the encoding issue. I didn't notice that the two posts where both from the same user. I'll assume your encoding issue went away too, then.
Old 10-22-2013, 05:16 PM   #2014
leckadams
Enthusiast
leckadams began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Keyboard
I am attempting to put my login information for fictionpad in the settings like i did for the other sites, but I am not seeing it on the personal.ini part. Am I just overlooking it?
Old 10-22-2013, 05:51 PM   #2015
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Not all sites are listed in the default personal.ini--and even if they were, once you've edited it, you wouldn't get any additions to the default.

Just add the section yourself:
Code:
[fictionpad.com]
## Some sites require login (or login for some rated stories) The
## program can prompt you, or you can save it in config.  In
## commandline version, this should go in your personal.ini, not
## defaults.ini.
username:YourName
password:yourpassword
Old 10-22-2013, 06:07 PM   #2016
leckadams
Enthusiast
leckadams began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
Not all sites are listed in the default personal.ini--and even if they were, once you've edited it, you wouldn't get any additions to the default.

Just add the section yourself:
Code:
[fictionpad.com]
## Some sites require login (or login for some rated stories) The
## program can prompt you, or you can save it in config.  In
## commandline version, this should go in your personal.ini, not
## defaults.ini.
username:YourName
password:yourpassword
thank you
Old 10-23-2013, 03:31 PM   #2017
Ellachanted
Connoisseur
Ellachanted began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle touch
Setting up Password for Granger Endchanted

Never mind - using the fictionpad setup worked by replacing it with GrangerEnchanted. Thanks anyway!
Thanks so much!
Ella

Last edited by Ellachanted; 10-23-2013 at 04:25 PM. Reason: problem fixed!
Old 10-23-2013, 03:48 PM   #2018
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellachanted View Post
One of my friends is having problems getting stories from http://www.grangerenchanted.com/ She says the personal.ini file won't save her passward. She has been using this format that looks correct to me:
Ugh. FFDL has one adapter that handles both www.grangerenchanted.com/enchant/ and malfoymanor.grangerenchanted.com/themanor.

This has worked fairly well, since they have the same formatting and FFDL doesn't really like the idea of more than one 'site' on the same domain.

However, it looks like the two sites have separate user accounts.

So for now, at least, the answer is go to which ever site she doesn't have an account on and create one with the same user/pass.
Old 10-23-2013, 08:32 PM   #2019
lj1234
lj1234 began at the beginning.

FF.net error

I have the latest version of the plug-in and Calibre, but I'm getting an error downloading from FF.net

It says "error downloading chapter (URL) Missing required element!"

This seems to be similar to the problem that was fixed in the Oct. 13 update but maybe they changed their site again? Or am I doing something wrong?
Old 10-23-2013, 08:33 PM   #2020
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lj1234 View Post
I have the latest version of the plug-in and Calibre, but I'm getting an error downloading from FF.net

It says "error downloading chapter (URL) Missing required element!"

This seems to be similar to the problem that was fixed in the Oct. 13 update but maybe they changed their site again? Or am I doing something wrong?
fanfiction.net tweaked their html again. Fix will be out shorty.
Old 10-23-2013, 08:39 PM   #2021
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Version 1.7.50 - 23 Oct 2013
  • Fix for fanfiction.net

It may be an hour or so before it shows up on the automatic update list

Last edited by JimmXinu; 10-26-2013 at 11:05 AM. Reason: Correct formatting.
Old 10-23-2013, 08:54 PM   #2022
lj1234
lj1234 began at the beginning.

Thanks very much! I installed the updated version and FF.net is working now!
Old 10-23-2013, 10:08 PM   #2023
Ellachanted
Connoisseur
Ellachanted began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
Ugh. FFDL has one adapter that handles both www.grangerenchanted.com/enchant/ and malfoymanor.grangerenchanted.com/themanor.

This has worked fairly well, since they have the same formatting and FFDL doesn't really like the idea of more than one 'site' on the same domain.

However, it looks like the two sites have separate user accounts.

So for now, at least, the answer is go to which ever site she doesn't have an account on and create one with the same user/pass.
Thanks so much - I let her know. Hopefully she only uses the one site that works right now.
Old 10-25-2013, 09:34 AM   #2024
SkyWraith
SkyWraith began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
I'm getting an error downloading some stories from SIYE.
example:
After by Senator of Sorcery
Error downloading Chapter: http://www.siye.co.uk/siye/viewstory...9741&chapter=6! Missing required element!
http://www.siye.co.uk/siye/viewstory.php?sid=129741

That chapter is listed as 'Not Validated', if I try and view that chapter in a web browser I get:
Access denied. This story has not been validated by the adminstrators of this site.
Old 10-25-2013, 10:33 AM   #2025
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWraith View Post
I'm getting an error downloading some stories from SIYE.
example:
After by Senator of Sorcery
Error downloading Chapter: http://www.siye.co.uk/siye/viewstory...9741&chapter=6! Missing required element!
http://www.siye.co.uk/siye/viewstory.php?sid=129741

That chapter is listed as 'Not Validated', if I try and view that chapter in a web browser I get:
Access denied. This story has not been validated by the adminstrators of this site.
Sounds like you've already figured it out. I can improve the reported error message, but that's about it.

If you like, you can get the story before chapter six by using:
http://www.siye.co.uk/siye/viewstory.php?sid=129741[1-5]
Closed Thread