Old 10-14-2023, 12:03 PM   #16
HvdB
Enthusiast
HvdB began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil_swann80 View Post
There is the larger 8" Inkpad 3
The newest Inkpad 7,8 inch is the Inkpad 4. It has an inbuilt speaker.

One of these days PB will come with the PB Inkpad X pro. 10 inch and Android 8.
That will be the first PB on which one can install apps and so the first PB that can read Kindle files (without converting) in the app.

It will be possible to write with a Wacom pen. The device, case and pen will cost about €450.

Last edited by HvdB; 11-24-2023 at 06:54 AM.
HvdB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2023, 12:12 PM   #17
neil_swann80
neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB632 [HD3]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HvdB View Post
The newest Inkpad 7,8 inch is the Inkpad 4. It has an inbuilt speaker.
Indeed it does. But no external microsd slot, which Amalthia was requesting.

Quote:
One of these days PB will come with the PB Inkpad X pro. 10 inch and Android 8.
That will be the first PB on witch one can install apps and so the first PB that can read Kindle files (without converting) in the app.

It will be possible to write with a Wacom pen. The device, case and pen cost about €450.
Are you a time traveller?
Or is this more of an ideal specification you'd like to see?
neil_swann80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-14-2023, 12:38 PM   #18
HvdB
Enthusiast

Quote:
Are you a time traveller? Or is this more of an ideal specification you'd like to see?
HIHI, No, I already saw the InkpadX Pro device and the specs online. 😀
Old 10-14-2023, 12:40 PM   #19
HvdB
Enthusiast

https://pocketbookstore.com/products...tylus-and-case
Old 10-14-2023, 01:06 PM   #20
neil_swann80
neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I do like those specs. If they make a colour version of a 10" Android I'll likely invest. I prefer a smaller reader usually, but a larger form factor would be ideal for comics.
Advert
Old 10-15-2023, 05:39 AM   #21
HvdB
Enthusiast

This is the manual of the Verse Pro in English. https://www.handleidi.ng/pocketbook/...ro/handleiding

Last edited by HvdB; 10-15-2023 at 09:38 AM.
Old 10-15-2023, 05:53 AM   #22
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
This is the manual of the Verse Pro in English. https://www.handleidi.ng/pocketbook/...ro/handleiding

On page 69 I see 'Adjustment tab'. I don't have that on my Touch HD3 nor on my Era. So that is new I think.
I think it's only for PDF and DJVU, not for regular books.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2023, 05:54 AM   #23
neil_swann80

Quote:

On page 69 I see 'Adjustment tab'. I don't have that on my Touch HD3 nor on my Era. So that is new I think.
It's definitely not included on the HD3 with the newly released firmware.

EDIT: ah yes, it does appear for PDFs etc.

Last edited by neil_swann80; 10-16-2023 at 12:31 PM.
Old 10-15-2023, 09:41 AM   #24
HvdB
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
You' re right. I don' t read many pdf' s on my e- reader, so I didn' t know. But those options are on my Touch HD3 and on my Era as well.
Old 10-15-2023, 04:34 PM   #25
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Quote:
Quote:
You' re right. I don' t read many pdf' s on my e- reader, so I didn' t know. But those options are on my Touch HD3 and on my Era as well.
When I have a PDF open (in either my HD 3 or Basic Touch 3) these controls are there. That's the only time I see them (I don't normally read PDFs either).
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2023, 11:53 AM   #26
HvdB
Enthusiast

Quote:
It is. When you have pdf's to read, you' ll see that. Open with PB reader 'universal' or 'quick' gives these options for scrolling.

Last edited by HvdB; 10-16-2023 at 11:56 AM.
Old 11-21-2023, 02:08 PM   #27
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English
Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KOBO H2O,Inkpad 4,ONYX Leaf 2
As for the Verse and Touch HD 3 models:
  • The version model has a better screen, evenly illuminated. Compared to the Touch HD 5 model, when both readers are placed next to each other, the Verse has a significantly stronger contrast. (better black)
  • Version for night mode (black background, white text) - firmware 6.8.2034
  • It seems to me that Verse is a bit more reactive.
  • USB-C
  • Much better construction, in addition, the OS is no longer on the SD card like the Touch HD 5 model.
  • The mechanical buttons on the Verse model work better.
  • With a warm backlight, the joke resembles a paper book

Last edited by Michal Jancik; 11-21-2023 at 02:17 PM.
Michal Jancik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2023, 12:55 AM   #28
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michal Jancik View Post
As for the Verse and Touch HD 3 models:
[*]Much better construction, in addition, the OS is no longer on the SD card like the Touch HD 5 model.
I didn't know that (about the SD card). Some will consider that a step back (harder to upgrade the memory size) but I'm sure the firmware on SD card is the best decision. Seems more fragile. (Probably easier to fix, however.)
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2023, 02:48 PM   #29
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
I've been using the Verse Pro a few days and the buttons at the very bottom of the device I think may be too close to the bottom of the device. I keep accidentally hitting the buttons.

I'm also researching this weird thing where before a new chapter the screen goes black for pages. I've had to go to the table of contents to reach the next chapter. I didn't have this problem on my Pocketbook HD2, so I'm not sure what is going on.
Amalthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2024, 04:15 AM   #30
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
I've read a few books on the Pocketbook Verse Pro and while actively reading the experience is fine. The problem I kept running into is that if I used "PB Reader (EPUB 2)" locking the screen and then un-locking the screen would cause the pages to jump back. I think this happened when I turned off the device in the middle of the chapter. When I turned it back on I was back at the beginning of the chapter. Then when I try "PB Reader (EPUB 3)" that problem doesn't seem to happen but I have to page through 5 or 6 button clicks at the end of every chapter before it'll go to the next chapter. Or I have to use the Table of Contents.

I've also noticed the "Saving Power" settings don't appear to work properly. I have it in my settings to power off the device after 10 minutes. If I use the power off button the device powers off. If I lock the screen and wait 10 minutes the device is still in locked mode and does not appear to power down.

I can live with using a button to force power off the device, what's driving me nuts is I can't trust that when I re-open my ebook reader that I'd be able to start reading where I left off last! I can't in good conscience recommend a device that's buggy like this on basic reading experience. My Pocketbook HD2 hasn't experienced anything like this in all the years I've been reading with it.
Amalthia is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice, buy, review, verse, verse pro