Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 08-14-2010, 02:01 PM   #1
SCBrazil
SCBrazil began at the beginning.

Device: none
Help Needed in Brazil

Hi,
I'm an ex-pat living in Brazil. I work as a psychotherapist and am looking for an e-reader. I will be using it to read PDF professional textbooks (no diagrams or images) and lengthy websites that I have saved on my PC. I have no problem spending time converting these sites to doc, txt, pdf or any other kind of file but do not like reading them on the PC.
I will also use the e-reader to read novels in PDF but this is not my primary objective. I do not care about mp3, online browsing or buying of e-books online.
The problem I have is the price and availibility of these things over here. On the Brazilian version of ebay, there are three that are within my price range
- Sony PRS 600. Goes for R$900 (read U$900 in real terms).
- Kindle 2 for R$1000
- Cool-Er for R$600
There are others on there but they are way up in the R$1500+ mark.
My funds are limited so I am hoping the Cool-er will fit my needs. I have read as much as I can on here but am having difficulty applying the help you guys give others to my situation. I have also looked at reviews on YouTube etc but there is nothing on there that deals solely with PDF. Considering the fortnight's salary I will be spending on this thing, I want it to fulfill my needs.
Which one should I go for?
Thanks for your help?
P.S. I forgot to mention. I have considered buying one on US or UK ebay but if the Inland Revenue people intercept it I will pay so much import tax, it will not be worth it. However, I can send it to relatives in Europe and wait for them to bring it over when they visit. In which case, considering my needs, which one would you guys recommend overall?
Thanks again.
SCBrazil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 10:35 AM   #2
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW

Welcome to mobileread ....

Have you popped into the Cool-er Forum here on mobileread and seen what is being said about it ?
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert