Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-07-2009, 01:05 AM   #1
Buffy201
Buffy201 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600SC
PRS-600

Hello everyone I have just purchased a PRS-600. I have done something wrong and I can't connect to the Sony ebook website it tells me to download the software and I do that and I can't go on the site to buy books can someone help me please ...I am ready to send it back. I have tried resetting and going back to factory settings. Can someone help me please!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Buffy201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 03:52 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Let's take it a step at a time.

You've installed the eBook Library software, yes?

Now, you run the eBook Library software; you click the "eBook Store" button on the left, and what exactly does the screen say?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-07-2009, 04:51 AM   #3
nick101
Groupie
nick101 can extract oil from cheesenick101 can extract oil from cheesenick101 can extract oil from cheesenick101 can extract oil from cheesenick101 can extract oil from cheesenick101 can extract oil from cheesenick101 can extract oil from cheesenick101 can extract oil from cheesenick101 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-600 Touch, iPhone
Just to add to Harry's questions - you're trying to connect from a PC/Mac, yes? You don't connect directly from the Reader
nick101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 05:47 AM   #4
Gernella
Gernella began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600/Kobo Arc7
PRS 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy201 View Post
Hello everyone I have just purchased a PRS-600. I have done something wrong and I can't connect to the Sony ebook website it tells me to download the software and I do that and I can't go on the site to buy books can someone help me please ...I am ready to send it back. I have tried resetting and going back to factory settings. Can someone help me please!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I couldn't get the Sony library to work on my pc (Windows 7) so I just used my existing Adobe E-Reader software (or at least the folder with the books in) and just copied and pasted my existing books to the reader. The reader was automatically activated for reading books while it was connected (Adobe E-Reader had to be running to do it). I'm not that fussed about the library software part not working, I just want to read the books without any hassle.
Gernella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 12:01 PM   #5
Buffy201

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gernella View Post
I couldn't get the Sony library to work on my pc (Windows 7) so I just used my existing Adobe E-Reader software (or at least the folder with the books in) and just copied and pasted my existing books to the reader. The reader was automatically activated for reading books while it was connected (Adobe E-Reader had to be running to do it). I'm not that fussed about the library software part not working, I just want to read the books without any hassle.
Thanks for all the replies first of all. I do have windows 7. Yes I have installed the e-book library software. I don't get the choice to click on the bookstore , Nothing is on the page it only say ebook library at the top of the page
Advert
Old 12-07-2009, 12:02 PM   #6
Buffy201

PRS-600

Thanks for all the replies first of all. I do have windows 7. Yes I have installed the e-book library software. I don't get the choice to click on the bookstore , Nothing is on the page it only say ebook library at the top of the page
Old 12-07-2009, 05:51 PM   #7
jayne80
Connoisseur
jayne80 shares his or her toysjayne80 shares his or her toysjayne80 shares his or her toysjayne80 shares his or her toysjayne80 shares his or her toysjayne80 shares his or her toysjayne80 shares his or her toysjayne80 shares his or her toysjayne80 shares his or her toysjayne80 shares his or her toysjayne80 shares his or her toys

Device: iphone 4s, ipad 3, kindle touch,kindle PW, kobo mini, kobo aura
hi to get my e-book library software to work with windows 7 I had to right click the shortcut icon on the desktop and click troubleshoot compatibility, it now runs it in compatibility mode for windows XP (service Pack 2) though everytime i use it it the computer asks if it is alright for the program to make changes to this computer, i just say yes and in it goes.

though of course as I am in the UK it just says to go to WHsmiths or Waterstones or borders
jayne80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 03:06 AM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayne80 View Post
hi to get my e-book library software to work with windows 7 I had to right click the shortcut icon on the desktop and click troubleshoot compatibility, it now runs it in compatibility mode for windows XP (service Pack 2) though everytime i use it it the computer asks if it is alright for the program to make changes to this computer, i just say yes and in it goes.

though of course as I am in the UK it just says to go to WHsmiths or Waterstones or borders
Is yours a new install of Windows 7, or an upgrade from XP or Vista? Newly-installed Windows 7 seems to work perfectly OK with EBL; people who have problems all seem to have done an upgrade.

On my Windows 7 Dell laptop (bought with 64-bit "Home Premium Edition" of Win 7) it works perfectly.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 08:57 AM   #9
jayne80
Connoisseur
jayne80 shares his or her toysjayne80 shares his or her toysjayne80 shares his or her toysjayne80 shares his or her toysjayne80 shares his or her toysjayne80 shares his or her toysjayne80 shares his or her toysjayne80 shares his or her toysjayne80 shares his or her toysjayne80 shares his or her toysjayne80 shares his or her toys

Device: iphone 4s, ipad 3, kindle touch,kindle PW, kobo mini, kobo aura
Sorry Harry but this is a brand new install windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit. i had a different problem to the poster, ebook Library installed with no problems but it wouldn't open.

Next time I reinstall the OS I might go back to Vista, My Laptop doesn't seem too chuffed with Windows 7, I spend enough time at work troubleshooting operating systems to want to do it when I get home.
jayne80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 09:02 AM   #10
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayne80 View Post
Sorry Harry but this is a brand new install windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit. i had a different problem to the poster, ebook Library installed with no problems but it wouldn't open.

Next time I reinstall the OS I might go back to Vista, My Laptop doesn't seem too chuffed with Windows 7, I spend enough time at work troubleshooting operating systems to want to do it when I get home.
Hopefully on December 11, when Sony releases v3.1 of the eBook Library, some of the problems with windows 7 will be fixed.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 09:39 AM   #11
scottjl
Reader of Books
scottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with others

Device: none
I've got eBook Library installed on Windows 7 64bit Professional and don't have any problems with it at all. New installation. I did switch over to Calibre on someone's recommendation, far better library manager!
scottjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 03:59 PM   #12
Buffy201

Thanks everyone for all your support, I just upgraded from Windows Vista to Window 7, I tried everything even went through Sony. I installed it and I uninstalled it. Long story short I longed in on my administrators account and it was there all the time. It is now working great and I have all my book in place. Thanks Harry, Jayne80.

Carol