Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 08-18-2023, 07:35 AM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Has anyone noticed the seeming plethora of new titles being published about BOOKS?

It seems like everywhere you turn, another fiction title has been published that concerns itself with bookstores and/or books.

Or is it just me, exposed to too much second-hand smoke?

A "hearty handclasp"* to anyone who can predict the next fad.

*W.C. Fields (The Bank Dick)

ADDED: I feel there's also a revival taking place in the sword & sorcery field, which is one of my favorite sub-genres.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 08-18-2023 at 07:39 AM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2023, 10:48 AM   #2
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
It seems like everywhere you turn, another fiction title has been published that concerns itself with bookstores and/or books.

A "hearty handclasp"* to anyone who can predict the next fad.

*W.C. Fields (The Bank Dick)

ADDED: I feel there's also a revival taking place in the sword & sorcery field, which is one of my favorite sub-genres.
And libraries.

And romance novels with German Shepards on the cover.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-18-2023, 11:02 AM   #3
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Beware the Left-handed Booksellers of London and The Sinister Booksellers of Bath.

I read the first, so I don't need to read the sequel.

It's been going on for a while:
The Never Ending Story
Inkscape

Or do you mean books on how to write or sell books? I've some of those going back to 1930s.

No-one ever knows the next fad.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2023, 11:13 AM   #4
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
I've not noticed the revival in Sword & Sorcery. I'll have to pay more attention. Do you have some recommendations?

I mostly ignore the Fantasy field because for the most part I am uninterested in yet another High Fantasy or Urban Fantasy
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2023, 11:16 AM   #5
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
There will be a Dungeons and Dragons movie. Also a MAGIC: THE GATHERING movie.
movie
Personally I thought Sindy was a more wholesome toy doll than Barbie. My sister cut open the boot on Sindy's red sports car for my brother's Action Man's weapon and bag. They also squeezed into a small tent together. AM & S, not my siblings. Our tent was big enough for all three of us, but the candle on Sindy's cooker set the tent on fire. Not Action Man's tent, but our tent.
The boy from down the street woke my parents; "The tent is on fire and they are in it!"
Of course my panicked parents found the 3 of us and the alarming lad's sister quite unsinged and staring at the ashes.

I don't remember were Action Man and Sindy where that morning. The door never closed properly on the plastic cooker after that.

Last edited by Quoth; 08-18-2023 at 11:23 AM. Reason: film -> movie. Only one guy in the world makes films still.
Advert
Old 08-18-2023, 11:20 AM   #6
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
Beware the Left-handed Booksellers of London and The Sinister Booksellers of Bath.

I read the first, so I don't need to read the sequel.

It's been going on for a while:
The Never Ending Story
Inkscape

Or do you mean books on how to write or sell books? I've some of those going back to 1930s.

No-one ever knows the next fad.

No, I meant only fiction titles - there seem to be so many newly-published titles lately.
Old 08-18-2023, 11:21 AM   #7
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.

Oh, and a Play Doh movie.

Not sure why they want movies of Peppa Pig, Transformers and My Little Pony too as they are already TV series that sell the toys, books and games.
Old 08-18-2023, 11:22 AM   #8
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
I've not noticed the revival in Sword & Sorcery. I'll have to pay more attention. Do you have some recommendations?

I mostly ignore the Fantasy field because for the most part I am uninterested in yet another High Fantasy or Urban Fantasy

Check out this website:

https://dmrbooks.com/print-books
https://dmrbooks.com/releases

from dmr books.
Old 08-18-2023, 11:25 AM   #9
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.

Quote:
No, I meant only fiction titles - there seem to be so many newly-published titles lately.
It's a bit meta isn't it?

Haven't you one too? Or at least written a fictional person writing about a fictional writer?

That's sort of hyper-meta?
Old 08-18-2023, 12:16 PM   #10
SomeSteve
Addict
SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, Kindle
Quote:

Better check the smoke alarm.

I have noticed it lately on Kobo, just on their daily deals, a.k.a. ebook savings, though today I only see two: The Littlest Library and Murder at the Bookstore. In a couple of others, a library plays a role, though it's not in the title: Booked for Murder ("Her new life as a librarian suits her") and The Dark Archive (an Invisible Library novel).
SomeSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2023, 12:41 PM   #11
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
<...>
The Dungeons and Dragons Movie was released in theatres in March of this year in the US, and is available to stream on Amazon for a price.

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2023, 01:53 PM   #12
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeSteve View Post
(an Invisible Library novel).
I read the first one. Should have listed it too!
Old 08-18-2023, 01:53 PM   #13
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
The Dungeons and Dragons Movie was released in theatres in March of this year in the US, and is available to stream on Amazon for a price.

Shari
Then there will be another one!
Old 08-19-2023, 04:27 AM   #14
SomeSteve
Addict
SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, Kindle
Re: An Invisible Library novel.

Quote:
I read the first one. Should have listed it too!
As I said, I noticed this phenomenon on their "ebook savings," so I listed only those that showed up as deals yesterday.
SomeSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2023, 04:50 AM   #15
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
movie
Personally I thought Sindy was a more wholesome toy doll than Barbie. My sister cut open the boot on Sindy's red sports car for my brother's Action Man's weapon and bag. They also squeezed into a small tent together. AM & S, not my siblings. Our tent was big enough for all three of us, but the candle on Sindy's cooker set the tent on fire. Not Action Man's tent, but our tent.
The boy from down the street woke my parents; "The tent is on fire and they are in it!"
Of course my panicked parents found the 3 of us and the alarming lad's sister quite unsinged and staring at the ashes.

I don't remember were Action Man and Sindy where that morning. The door never closed properly on the plastic cooker after that.
There already is a Dungeons & Dragons movie and I saw it yesterday at home.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote