Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 06-21-2023, 11:04 AM   #31
BionicGecko
Addict
BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Oasis 3 and Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
I thought The Dracula Daily was Transylvania's #1 source for news...
BionicGecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2023, 11:09 AM   #32
ekbell
Guru
ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I tend to have a number of books on the go.

It's not a matter of time saving but rather a matter of
a)not having long periods of time without spending time on topics I enjoy or feel I should learn more about and
b)not reading challenging books during tired times.
and c) Sometimes I just feel like switching between two stories because I enjoy the whiplash.
ekbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-21-2023, 12:19 PM   #33
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
I thought The Dracula Daily was Transylvania's #1 source for news...
Right! The food section for where to get the best 'Eats' of the day night.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2023, 12:04 AM   #34
gmitchell
gmitchell began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2019; Android Tablet (for comics)
I have one reading book and one audiobook, which I listen to while getting in my daily exercise, going at the same time. So long as they don't share any characters or storylines, I don't have any problem keeping things straight.

I don't count textbooks in this; When I'm taking a class, reading done for the class (so long as it isn't literature) is of such a different character that it's easy to compartmentalize.
gmitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2023, 11:53 AM   #35
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
I read one book at a time, always have, always will, and I do not abandon it until I am done. It's like watching a baseball game; it may be tiresome and annoying for eight innings, but something spectacular might happen in the ninth that changes the whole experience of the game, and I stay with it in hopes of that happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Robin View Post
I don't do it as often as I used to, but if I'm reading some denser nonfiction, or heavy fiction, I will oftenhave some fluff fiction on the go to take a break
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekbell View Post
I tend to have a number of books on the go.
It's not a matter of time saving but rather a matter of
a)not having long periods of time without spending time on topics I enjoy or feel I should learn more about and
b)not reading challenging books during tired times.
and c) Sometimes I just feel like switching between two stories because I enjoy the whiplash.
Giving you a break from anything challenging or educational or heavy is what television is for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
It's easy to lose momentum reading Dracula like a normal book because it's just so darn boring.
Dracula is not boring. Dracula is suspenseful; I like the buildup of tension, waiting for what's going to happen.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-27-2023, 12:17 PM   #36
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Usually two ebooks and one audiobook. One of the ebooks is short stories for my bedside reading. Right now, listening and reading War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy. I couldn't keep the russian names straight without also reading.

Last edited by Tarana; 07-29-2023 at 11:17 AM.
Tarana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2023, 03:21 PM   #37
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
Giving you a break from anything challenging or educational or heavy is what television is for.
No, it isn't. Television is too boring.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2023, 04:26 PM   #38
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post

A big chunk of my television viewing is challenging and/or educational.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2023, 04:32 PM   #39
Karellen
Wizard
Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
No, it isn't. Television is too boring.
Then you haven't watched The Boys....
Karellen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2023, 05:15 PM   #40
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karellen View Post
Hadn't even heard about it. Thanks for the suggestion, I'll give it a try.
Old 07-27-2023, 05:45 PM   #41
Aleron Ives
Wizard
Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Television is like any other medium: if you think it's boring, you probably just haven't found the type of content that would be engaging to you yet. Plenty of people think reading is boring, mainly because they've never read an engaging book before.
Aleron Ives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2023, 05:53 PM   #42
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post
Television is like any other medium: if you think it's boring, you probably just haven't found the type of content that would be engaging to you yet. Plenty of people think reading is boring, mainly because they've never read an engaging book before.
I've found interesting content from streaming services. But watching such content is very much a mood thing for me, and there are long periods (as in several months) when I just don't feel like watching anything at all. Never with reading - I'm always in the mood for reading. TV has never been a favorite activity of mine; I get too easily bored by visual media (compared to pure text).
Old 07-27-2023, 05:59 PM   #43
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
I read anytime I have a free minute. I usually read one book and listen to one audiobook. I listen in my vehicles and at work before I open. I have found that I can work on jewelry and listen to an audiobook. Right before I open the store, I switch over to music. 44 years as a bench jeweler with the last 33 owning my own store. I love what I do, I enjoy my customers and I am a workaholic. I do not plan on retiring unless my health deteriorates.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2023, 06:04 PM   #44
Karellen
Wizard
Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Hadn't even heard about it. Thanks for the suggestion, I'll give it a try.
This one... https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/76479-the-boys

Quote:
I'm always in the mood for reading.
Yep, over the last couple of years, reading has certainly overtaken tv viewing for relaxing time for me.
Karellen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2023, 12:10 AM   #45
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karellen View Post
Ugh, Garth Ennis' work just isn't for me. He's a good writer, but his work is loaded with shock and offense for the sake of it. I haven't yet read (or watched) The Boys, but I remember him saying his goal was to out-Preacher Preacher, which told me all I need to know.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote