Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 08-29-2022, 02:57 PM   #1
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
StoryGraph Networking Thread

Mods - feel free to move if this isn't the place!

I know more people are starting to look to StoryGraph rather than GoodReads.

Please feel free to post your username below if you would like to broaden your SG network with MR members!

My username is the same as here at MR - astrangerhere
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 03:33 PM   #2
hildea
Wizard
hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch Lux (had Onyx Boox Poke 3 and BeBook Neo earlier)
Good idea!

I'm hildea there as well.

I'd like to try a buddy read, if anyone's interested! There's an option for adding usernames and getting suggestions for books (at https://app.thestorygraph.com/buddy_...et_suggestions ), it could be interesting to see what it suggests if we are a few people with different tastes.
hildea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-29-2022, 03:35 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I kind of stopped using StoryGraph as there's no easy way to see all the books you've read.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 03:36 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hildea View Post
Good idea!

I'd like to try a buddy read, if anyone's interested! There's an option for adding usernames and getting suggestions for books (at https://app.thestorygraph.com/buddy_...et_suggestions ), it could be interesting to see what it suggests if we are a few people with different tastes.
But to use that feature, you have to pay.
Old 08-29-2022, 03:38 PM   #5
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I kind of stopped using StoryGraph as there's no easy way to see all the books you've read.
If you click on your profile, there is a "Recently Read." If you click View More it will show you all your read books.
Advert
Old 08-29-2022, 03:50 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

How do we get rid of the pink genres that I do not want as it's irrelevant? adventurous emotional hopeful medium-paced That has nothing to do with the book.

Last edited by JSWolf; 08-29-2022 at 03:56 PM.
Old 08-29-2022, 03:52 PM   #7
astrangerhere
Professor of Law

Quote:
There are a few problems I have. One is that when I brought over my GoodReads data, most of the editions are just plain wrong. They didn't go by the ISBN to get it correct.

Also, I cannot stand the the pink nonsense. I don't want to see it. adventurous emotional hopeful medium-paced That has nothing to do with the book. I don't like it. I want it gone.
Okay, Jon, we get it. You don't like StoryGraph. So let's just leave the thread to those who would like to add others as friends, eh?
Old 08-29-2022, 03:57 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrangerhere View Post
Okay, Jon, we get it. You don't like StoryGraph. So let's just leave the thread to those who would like to add others as friends, eh?
If I could solve these problems, I'd give it another go.
Old 08-29-2022, 04:08 PM   #9
hildea
Wizard
hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch Lux (had Onyx Boox Poke 3 and BeBook Neo earlier)
Quote:
But to use that feature, you have to pay.
Are you sure? I thought it was available to everybody.

Anyway: If others are interested in a buddy read I can do the invitations.
Note: You'll have to go to https://app.thestorygraph.com/preferences/edit/<your user name> and opt in to be invited to buddy reads. One of the things I like about Storygraph is that all social features are opt-in, so you won't get bothered with requests from others unless you've explicitly said you're OK with it.
hildea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 04:13 PM   #10
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

My StoryGraph username is jswolf. A buddy read may be interesting given the diversity of what we read.
Old 10-17-2022, 10:48 AM   #11
astrangerhere
Professor of Law

Would anyone like to participate in a 2023 Reading Challenge Thread? I know there is/was a number of Goodreads group reads at one point, so I am seeing if there is any interest for those who have left GR.
Old 10-17-2022, 04:08 PM   #12
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Since this thread was in danger of being hijacked by the inevitable interminable rants about how awful TSG is, posting this here seems appropriate

"We're looking for three categories of users to help with an upcoming redesign: active and happy users, users who struggle with the app, and users who tried it and gave up with it!"

Find out more and sign up to help with our usability testing here:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...LTM-A/viewform "

https://twitter.com/thestorygraph/st...lCFd4NOIVqFLYQ
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2022, 04:21 PM   #13
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrangerhere View Post
Would anyone like to participate in a 2023 Reading Challenge Thread? I know there is/was a number of Goodreads group reads at one point, so I am seeing if there is any interest for those who have left GR.
I could be interested. I’ve had no experience of StoryGraph but would be willing to take a look; I know there are those who prefer it to Goodreads. A “public” reading challenge might be what I need actually to complete an annual challenge; I have not been at all successful with them in recent years.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2022, 06:38 AM   #14
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by hildea View Post
Good idea!

Unfortunately, it appears that the cost is $4.99 each month.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 10-20-2022 at 06:42 AM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2022, 06:39 AM   #15
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Robin View Post
Since this thread was in danger of being hijacked by the inevitable interminable rants about how awful TSG is, posting this here seems appropriate

"We're looking for three categories of users to help with an upcoming redesign: active and happy users, users who struggle with the app, and users who tried it and gave up with it!"

Find out more and sign up to help with our usability testing here:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...LTM-A/viewform "

https://twitter.com/thestorygraph/st...lCFd4NOIVqFLYQ
It shouldn't be hijacked no matter where it's located; that is, if the Active Moderators are on their tippy-toes.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote