Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 05-27-2022, 04:30 PM   #1
tartanpion
Enthusiast
tartanpion began at the beginning.

Device: kobo libra 2
segmentation fault just with a tap

libra 2, last nighty firmware. Tap everywhere in the scrambled page whose title is "Pocl tb*Pcmpyj Tjhctct" (in the beginning of the book). with or without autostandby timeout.
Touch event timestamps appear to use CLOCK_REALTIME and segmentation fault.
Attached Files
File Type: epub crash.epub (590.8 KB, 57 views)
File Type: txt crash.log.txt (128.9 KB, 56 views)
File Type: txt crash2.log.txt (2.7 KB, 57 views)
tartanpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2022, 03:27 AM   #2
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
I can't reproduce, which is logical if it's indeed Libra 2 specific, though that seems less likely to me given the described scenario :-/ (i.e., it doesn't happen in general, just around a specific page, correct?).
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-28-2022, 04:07 AM   #3
tartanpion
Enthusiast

It's a new book, i didn't had the time to read more. But exact for the moment It's happen juste for this page but 100 percent reproductible and juste for a tap.
With autostandby on it's seems to have still some crash but it's random

Last edited by tartanpion; 05-28-2022 at 04:12 AM.
Old 05-28-2022, 04:30 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tartanpion View Post
It's a new book, i didn't had the time to read more. But exact for the moment It's happen juste for this page but 100 percent reproductible and juste for a tap.
With autostandby on it's seems to have still some crash but it's random
Load the eBook into the Calibre Editor and run a check using Calibre's error checker and epubcheck and fix any found error and try the eBook again.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2022, 08:32 AM   #5
tartanpion
Enthusiast

A check was made before with calibre editor and i have since tested with sigil and epubcheck
Advert
Old 05-28-2022, 08:49 AM   #6
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
I can repro on a H2O, FWIW. I'll fire up a debug build and post a backtrace for @poire-z .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2022, 09:38 AM   #7
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Tracked in https://github.com/koreader/crengine/issues/481
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote