Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-17-2014, 02:42 PM   #61
trekk
Terraner
trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Aura One, Kindle Oasis 1 & 2 ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by antalj View Post
Hello!

Does matter which fimware version do I use ?
Currently I have 3.1.1 is it ok?
The hack works perfectly on my Glo and Aura HD with 3.1.1.
trekk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 03:49 PM   #62
deleted2
Member Retired
deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: N/A
Question Newbie geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by giorgio130 View Post
The attached package has been tested thoroughly both on my Kobo Glo and on my Kobo AuraHD. It works; however I take no responsibility if this mod causes some harm to your device.
So, have fun but be responsible, be sure to have a working image to debrick your own device.
Hi there,

I just got a Kobo Aura HD, and while I'm a bit geek, I'm totally new to Kobo's hacks.

So, newbie questions...

What do you mean by a working image? Where can I get this ?

In case of troubles, will I be able to restore my Kobo HD to its "natural" state ?

What are the risks by performing this hack ?

Thanks.
deleted2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2014, 06:28 AM   #63
sysKin
Connoisseur
sysKin knows the complete value of PI to the endsysKin knows the complete value of PI to the endsysKin knows the complete value of PI to the endsysKin knows the complete value of PI to the endsysKin knows the complete value of PI to the endsysKin knows the complete value of PI to the endsysKin knows the complete value of PI to the endsysKin knows the complete value of PI to the endsysKin knows the complete value of PI to the endsysKin knows the complete value of PI to the endsysKin knows the complete value of PI to the end

Device: Aura HD, after a train ate my Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claude_C View Post
Hi there,

I just got a Kobo Aura HD, and while I'm a bit geek, I'm totally new to Kobo's hacks.

So, newbie questions...

What do you mean by a working image? Where can I get this ?
If you open your Kobo and pull out its microSD memory card, you can then connect that card to your PC and make a backup image of it.

Take a look at this thread https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=209122 which is about making an image and then restoring it to a larger (or faster) SD card -- it's the same idea.

Quote:
In case of troubles, will I be able to restore my Kobo HD to its "natural" state ?
If you use that image, then yes. There's nothing on your Kobo that can be modified but wasn't backed up.

Quote:
What are the risks by performing this hack ?
Worst case you'll have to do the above

Hopefully that helps!
sysKin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 05:10 PM   #64
LFPS
LFPS began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Works perfect on my Kobo Glo! Thanks!!!
LFPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 05:45 PM   #65
ersott
Evangelist
ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite2, Ipad Air, Kobo Aura H2o
Hello, thanks for this hack.

I have a question, how can i uninstall this hack?

Thanks again ;-)
ersott is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2014, 10:59 PM   #66
unoprata
unoprata is a glorious beacon of lightunoprata is a glorious beacon of lightunoprata is a glorious beacon of lightunoprata is a glorious beacon of lightunoprata is a glorious beacon of lightunoprata is a glorious beacon of lightunoprata is a glorious beacon of lightunoprata is a glorious beacon of lightunoprata is a glorious beacon of lightunoprata is a glorious beacon of lightunoprata is a glorious beacon of light

FW 3.2.0

Hey giorgio!

Just installed FW 3.2.0 and unfortunatelly the uImages don't work with it anyomre...
By checking the new FW files I realized that they've changed all the lib/ts files into two folders (with one lib each) inside /usr/lib/Kobo/plugins...
I don't know if it helps, but I think that there relies the issues with the new FW.

I hope you manage to find a way to enable Multitouch for us again!

Thanks for the great work!
unoprata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 03:48 PM   #67
giorgio130
Time Waster
giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo and Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ersott View Post
Hello, thanks for this hack.

I have a question, how can i uninstall this hack?

Thanks again ;-)
Just install a firmware version that includes a uImage - like 3.2.0.
giorgio130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 05:35 PM   #68
giorgio130
Time Waster
giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I just tested the behaviour in 3.2.0 - quite weird!
In my case, the multitouch functionality was not removed after the upgrade, but the lower part of the screen became unresponsive.
Since this event can be potentially a disaster for non-techie people, I'm attaching an "uninstall" zip to the first post to apply before going to 3.2.0.
Old 02-25-2014, 05:43 PM   #69
giorgio130
Time Waster

I'm interested in what happened to those who already upgraded to 3.2.0 - like unoprata.
Did the multitouch functionality just disappear? What device are you using?
It looks like the new firmware includes a newer kernel build for Aura HD, but not for Glo.
I've tested it on the latter, what about you?
Old 02-25-2014, 05:47 PM   #70
unoprata
unoprata is a glorious beacon of lightunoprata is a glorious beacon of lightunoprata is a glorious beacon of lightunoprata is a glorious beacon of lightunoprata is a glorious beacon of lightunoprata is a glorious beacon of lightunoprata is a glorious beacon of lightunoprata is a glorious beacon of lightunoprata is a glorious beacon of lightunoprata is a glorious beacon of lightunoprata is a glorious beacon of light

Hey giorgio!

Yeah, my screen became unresponsive also after the upgrade, but everything went back to normal after a factory reset... Hehehehe...
Then I installed it after the upgrade and the screen works, but the Multitouch doesn't...

Hope it helps...
Old 02-25-2014, 05:50 PM   #71
giorgio130
Time Waster

Quote:
Originally Posted by unoprata View Post
Hey giorgio!

Yeah, my screen became unresponsive also after the upgrade, but everything went back to normal after a factory reset... Hehehehe...
Then I installed it after the upgrade and the screen works, but the Multitouch doesn't...

Hope it helps...
So what was the device? It is quite strange that a factory reset is helping, since that should not touch the kernel at all. I've seen that the name of the folder inside "upgrade" has changed, so the installer is not working at all under 3.2.0. That's why you don't get back any multitouch capabilities.
Old 02-25-2014, 05:55 PM   #72
unoprata

Hum... Interesting... Here I have a Kobo Glo...
Well, I don't know either, but luckily it worked.
PS: I did the factory Reset using the Power + Light buttons...

Should I try correcting the folder and installing?
Old 02-25-2014, 05:56 PM   #73
giorgio130
Time Waster

Quote:
Hum... Interesting... Here I have a Kobo Glo...
Well, I don't know either, but luckily it worked.
PS: I did the factory Reset using the Power + Light buttons...

Should I try correcting the folder and installing?
If you feel like doing it, why not, since a factory reset already corrected the problem for you. Do it for science
Old 02-25-2014, 06:02 PM   #74
unoprata

Ok, did it... Let's see...

Weird... Really weird...
Single touches aren't correctly recognized... But somehow I managed to open an epub with images (which was on the first tiles...)
And the really weird thing is... Multitouch works on the image (pinch and zoom)... But single touches aren't well recognized... I can't leave the image...

Hope it helps... Hehehehe...

Update:
Even the light with two fingers work...
And I managed to open another tile... Although it's like a game of pressing the whole screen until it finally accepts an input...

Last edited by unoprata; 02-25-2014 at 06:06 PM. Reason: Updating data...
Old 02-25-2014, 06:06 PM   #75
giorgio130
Time Waster

Quote:
Single touches aren't correctly recognized... But somehow I managed to open an epub with images (which was on the first tiles...)
And the really weird thing is... Multitouch works on the image (pinch and zoom)... But single touches aren't well recognized
Thanks for the test, in the coming days I'll try to track down the problem.