Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-01-2014, 09:52 PM   #136
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Try the first post of this thread!
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 08:52 PM   #137
rayhigh
Zealot
rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura, Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo (wife)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Try the first post of this thread!
Thanks. Cool hack, but I have to take my fingers off after a single swipe to adjust the brightness. I'm on the latest firmware (3.3) Aura HD.
rayhigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-13-2014, 10:06 AM   #138
Markismus
Guru
Markismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicing

Device: Cracked HiSenseA5ProCC, Cracked OnyxNotePro, Note5, Kobo Glo, Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayhigh View Post
Thanks. Cool hack, but I have to take my fingers off after a single swipe to adjust the brightness. I'm on the latest firmware (3.3) Aura HD.
Koreader's latest release has an adjustable sensitivity for the frontlight gesture. You can tune it in the file defaults.lua.
Markismus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 10:53 AM   #139
Sharkey
Sharkey began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Any idea if this mod is safe for use on 3.5? I'm using an Aura HD with 3.5 sideloaded; I installed over top the two-finger mod, everything seems fine.
Sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 08:11 PM   #140
rayhigh
Zealot
rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura, Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo (wife)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
Any idea if this mod is safe for use on 3.5? I'm using an Aura HD with 3.5 sideloaded; I installed over top the two-finger mod, everything seems fine.
I did the same as you, then reinstalled this mod. Works for me on 3.5 on my Aura HD.
rayhigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-13-2014, 04:30 PM   #141
falkunmalti
falkunmalti began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo
Kobo and multitouch hack

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayhigh View Post
I've been searching in vain for a thread that describes where to get the two-finger light hack, and instructions to install it. Can someone provide the link? Thanks....
Hi

I have been trying to install the multitouch hack which I have read about a lot in the present thread. I have obtained the files listed at the beginning of this thread and installed them as directed but neither the pinch zoom nor the light control hacks seem to work. I have rebooted many times and reinstalled many times. Can anyone point me in the right direction please? I have a kobo glo with 3.5 firmware Thanks in advance.
falkunmalti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 05:20 PM   #142
falkunmalti
falkunmalti began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by falkunmalti View Post
Hi

I have been trying to install the multitouch hack which I have read about a lot in the present thread. I have obtained the files listed at the beginning of this thread and installed them as directed but neither the pinch zoom nor the light control hacks seem to work. I have rebooted many times and reinstalled many times. Can anyone point me in the right direction please? I have a kobo glo with 3.5 firmware Thanks in advance.
HI as soon as I posted this I figured it out. I was installing kobomultitouch.zip instead of kobomultitouch320.zip given I have 3.5 firmware. Sorry for taking up bandwidth.

Both pinch and zoom and the light thing are working fine.
falkunmalti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 11:40 PM   #143
Cecell3000
Enthusiast
Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Building Kernel

I learned the build kernel kobo. (I know just a little bash shell)
I made minor changes driver multitouch...

tested:Kobo Glo, firmware 2.1.5, 3.1.1, 3.2.0, 3.3.0, 3.3.1, 3.5.0.

work with Kobo Launcher and Kobo Start Menu.

source:
https://github.com/giorgio130/linux-...obo-multitouch
https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/366

changes in source-multitouch.zip

new version: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=146

Attached Files
File Type: zip KoboMultitouch350a-Cecell3000.zip (11.44 MB, 230 views)
File Type: zip Uninstall-KoboMultitouch350a-Cecell3000.zip (11.51 MB, 183 views)
File Type: zip source-multitouch.zip (5.0 KB, 171 views)

Last edited by Cecell3000; 10-28-2014 at 02:31 AM.
Cecell3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 03:03 AM   #144
Joques
Addict
Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.

Device: Kobo Glo
So ... what exactly are those minor changes? :-)
Joques is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 07:04 PM   #145
Cecell3000
Enthusiast
Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joques View Post
So ... what exactly are those minor changes? :-)
just the touch a little more like with aura6 for compatibility with kobolauncher.
Old 08-25-2014, 10:10 PM   #146
Cecell3000
Enthusiast

Test: kernel

improvements in the light control and pinch zoom.

tested: Kobo Glo, firmware 2.1.5, 3.1.1, 3.2.0, 3.3.0, 3.3.1, 3.5.0, 3.7.0, 3.8.0, 3.11.0.

kernel source base:
https://github.com/giorgio130/linux-...obo-multitouch

search:
https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/366
https://github.com/marek-g/kobo-kernel-2.6.35.3-marek

changes in source-kobomultitouch-cecell3000-v002.zip

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!
Attached Files
File Type: zip KoboMultitouch350a-Cecell3000-v002.zip (11.44 MB, 279 views)
File Type: zip Uninstall-KoboMultitouch350a-Cecell3000.zip (11.51 MB, 238 views)
File Type: zip source-kobomultitouch-cecell3000-v002.zip (5.0 KB, 204 views)

Last edited by Cecell3000; 10-28-2014 at 02:33 AM.
Old 08-26-2014, 08:55 AM   #147
guti
guti read the news today, oh boy.guti read the news today, oh boy.guti read the news today, oh boy.guti read the news today, oh boy.guti read the news today, oh boy.guti read the news today, oh boy.guti read the news today, oh boy.guti read the news today, oh boy.guti read the news today, oh boy.guti read the news today, oh boy.guti read the news today, oh boy.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2, Kobo Aura HD, Tolino Vision 4, Kobo Forma
Hi cecell3000, I tried it on my AuraHD with fw 3.5: it works very well for the two finger light control! Thank you very much.
guti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 02:41 PM   #148
embryo
Fanatic
embryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Kobo Glo, GloHD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecell3000 View Post
improvements in the light control and pinch zoom.

tested: Kobo Glo, firmware 2.1.5, 3.1.1, 3.2.0, 3.3.0, 3.3.1, 3.5.0.
Does it work in a system with the 'Kobo Start Menu'?
embryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 02:59 PM   #149
Cecell3000
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by embryo View Post
yes, work with KoboLauncher and Kobo Start Menu.
Old 08-26-2014, 03:07 PM   #150
guti
guti read the news today, oh boy.guti read the news today, oh boy.guti read the news today, oh boy.guti read the news today, oh boy.guti read the news today, oh boy.guti read the news today, oh boy.guti read the news today, oh boy.guti read the news today, oh boy.guti read the news today, oh boy.guti read the news today, oh boy.guti read the news today, oh boy.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2, Kobo Aura HD, Tolino Vision 4, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by embryo View Post
I can confirm it for the Aura HD.
I have the 'Kobo Start Menu' in order to use Koreader and I tried this patch.
I use start menu only to launch Koreader or Nickel at startup and, at least for these operation, I had no problem.
guti is offline   Reply With Quote