Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-11-2011, 07:33 PM   #1
javex
javex began at the beginning.

Device: sony ereader
confused

sorry all...i'm trying to figure out this site and post where i'm supposed to post. I read somewhere? that 'newbies' aren't to post their questions/concerns in the introductory section... I just want to know how to get the broken stylus out of the slot its now stuck in. Looks like a great informative site once I get it all sorted out
javex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 06:43 PM   #2
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
There are a lot of posts about styl(i?) on this Forum, (!) but I don't think I recall one concerning a stylus actually stuck in the slot...........
I suppose the first questions might be the obvious - does it rattle, is it loose, can you still see it ? Is any of it sticking out ? Judicious work with a small pliers on the broken stylus only might do the trick.
Sadly, I don't think you'll have a lot of help from Sony (see posts), even if it's still in warranty.
Noone's taken them to court yet that I know of, but .........
Finally, their are those a lot more able than I who do things like change the battery, perhaps they may be able to help, 'cos there are screws around the case... Beyond me I think.
Although...........

Last edited by carpetmojo; 03-12-2011 at 06:44 PM. Reason: typo...
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-12-2011, 06:52 PM   #3
javex

guess there's always a 'first' huh? Yes, the stupid little plastic top busted off and left the other part stuck in the slot. I've tried banging it (well tapping more so....) and it won't move. Its wedged in there pretty tightly so I don't think I can get anything down inside to grab it. Theres a teeny screw on the side - maybe I'll fiddle with that. Doesn't seem to be a big deal I suppose when folks are using q-tips!! lol. Thanks for your input I agree tho, it really seems to be a hokey piece of equipment when Sony products are supposed to be so great!! C'est la vie
Old 03-13-2011, 06:07 PM   #4
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
Try using a pair of tweezers?
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 10:11 AM   #5
drdann
Connoisseur
drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350
You can also try a "pin vise" (basically, a small drill-like tool you turn with your fingers) and drill into the top then pull it out.... not sure if it would work, but worth a try.
drdann is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-14-2011, 10:18 AM   #6
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by drdann View Post
You can also try a "pin vise" (basically, a small drill-like tool you turn with your fingers) and drill into the top then pull it out.... not sure if it would work, but worth a try.
Your suggestion of a "pin vise" looks like it might work.

Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 11:43 AM   #7
javex

success!! the 'stuck stylus' was successfully removed!! We used a dental pick, rammed it into the top of the broken stylus and with a few wiggles, it came loose! Now we've reglued the top part and see how long it lasts!! Thanks for all suggestions!!