Notices

Old 09-14-2023, 08:33 AM   #1
WV-Mike
Connoisseur
WV-Mike began at the beginning.

Device: None
Spellchecker which ignores Upper Case Words

Greetings,
Can anyone recommend a spellchecker which ignores Upper Case Words?
When I have text with placenames or personal names I would like to have a spell checker which ignores this text or any other words in Upper Case.

Thanks,
WV-Mike
p.s. Is there such a plug-in for Sigil?
WV-Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2023, 08:41 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
No such plugin.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2023, 08:54 AM   #3
WV-Mike
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
No such plugin.
Hopefully there is an alternative.
Thanks,
WV-Mike
Old 09-14-2023, 10:23 AM   #4
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by WV-Mike View Post
Greetings,
Can anyone recommend a spellchecker which ignores Upper Case Words?
Two solutions
1) Add such words to a dictionary used by the program (Possible in Calibre). I use option #2 listed.
2) Export/save/convert to LO Writer (perhaps via docx or copy/paste. Only edit odt and an extra Save As in docx). It can ignore capitals and also have any number of custom dictionaries. You can also easily edit LO Writer and MS Word dictionaries with a text editor aand easily edit the dictionary file header to copy LO Writer dictionary to Word or vice versa.

Only use Sigil or Calibre to edit html and /or CSS, not to edit content.
Sigil has a docx plug-in, but you seem to have to make your own CSS map.
Calibre maps imported paragraph styles 1:1 from docx perfectly as long as the LibreOffice Writer odt source styles have inhert="none" on all styles. Then you can edit epub further in Sigil if you prefer it

Last edited by Quoth; 09-14-2023 at 10:27 AM.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2023, 10:35 AM   #5
WV-Mike
Connoisseur

Spellchecker which ignores Upper Case Words

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
Two solutions
1) Add such words to a dictionary used by the program (Possible in Calibre). I use option #2 listed.
By "such words" to you mean people's names and the name of counties, cities, etc.? I need a spell checker to ignore any word in Uppercase.

Quote:
2) Export/save/convert to LO Writer (perhaps via docx or copy/paste. Only edit odt and an extra Save As in docx). It can ignore capitals and also have any number of custom dictionaries. You can also easily edit LO Writer and MS Word dictionaries with a text editor aand easily edit the dictionary file header to copy LO Writer dictionary to Word or vice versa.
This seems too complicated for my pea sized brain.
My ePub production is very limited. I am on my second one and do not see a third in sight.
Thanks,
WV-Mike

Quote:
Only use Sigil or Calibre to edit html and /or CSS, not to edit content.
Sigil has a docx plug-in, but you seem to have to make your own CSS map.
Calibre maps imported paragraph styles 1:1 from docx perfectly as long as the LibreOffice Writer odt source styles have inhert="none" on all styles. Then you can edit epub further in Sigil if you prefer it
Old 09-14-2023, 10:43 AM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Calibre and Sigil both have Case sensitive 'sorts' in the spell check.
Just scroll past the big letters
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote