Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 08-18-2010, 05:55 AM   #31
light
light began at the beginning.

Device: in search..
Thanks for the advice,

Today I'm going to a nearby city to search for eReaders. I've found out that there are normally 9 stores where it is supposed to be possible to buy one.

We will see..

EDIT: Oops double post..
light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 05:58 AM   #32
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by light View Post
Thanks for the advice,

Today I'm going to a nearby city to search for eReaders. I've found out that there are normally 9 stores where it is supposed to be possible to buy one.

We will see..
Cool! Have fun
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 09:19 AM   #33
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Thanks for the advice,

We will see..

EDIT: Oops double post..
That's probably the best thing you can do I only bought my first device after I had seen one in real life and decided it was something i just had to have
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 11:29 AM   #34
light

Well, I've bought the bookeen cybook opus.

And I guess I'm not gonna regret it. Simple , clear text, and faster then I expected!

They also had the bebook mini and some more expensive devices.
But they only had the book mini left in white, and the exposed device (which was also in white) was already dirty, that added to the fact that the cybook had a leather (like) sleeve, made that I chose for the bookeen.

I bought it for 220 euro.

Thank you all!

Last edited by light; 08-18-2010 at 11:37 AM.
Old 08-18-2010, 11:31 AM   #35
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
Quote:
Well, I've bought the bookeen cybook opus.

And I guess I'm not gonna regret it. Simple , clear text, and faster then I expected!

Thank you all!
Congratulations! The Opus is a very good choice indeed
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 12:08 PM   #36
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The Opus is an excellent reader; you've made a very good choice.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 12:17 PM   #37
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
For all the brickbats thrown at Bookeen, they do seem to be able to produce a good product !

I'm sure you will find you've made a good choice ....

You ain't that far from Paris, so in the unlikely event that something goes wrong, you can catch a train and tell them so !!!!

GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 01:03 PM   #38
light

Hehe, yeah. A short trip to paris would probably cost me more than the eReader itself did cost me.
Old 08-18-2010, 03:48 PM   #39
church mouse
Evangelist
church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Clara HD, Kobo H2O, Boox Poke 2
Congrats.

Enjoy the e-reading experience.
church mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 06:25 AM   #40
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Hehe, yeah. A short trip to paris would probably cost me more than the eReader itself did cost me.

and now you have something to read on during the journey !!!!
Old 08-19-2010, 06:26 AM   #41
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
and now you have something to read on during the journey !!!!
But the only reason he would go to Paris was because his reader would be broken! So, no reading then
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 06:43 AM   #42
GeoffC

ppppfffft !
Old 08-19-2010, 06:44 AM   #43
GeoffC

You mean there are no other reasons to visit Paris ?
Old 08-19-2010, 06:58 AM   #44
light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
But the only reason he would go to Paris was because his reader would be broken! So, no reading then
Haha great

I've been once in Paris but not really visited that city. It just came trough it but I hadn't the time to visit it.
But if hear people talk about Paris, it should be a great city.
Old 08-19-2010, 10:20 AM   #45
simplyparticular
Guru
simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3 & GlowLight 4
Enjoy your Opus - it is really solid little reader and very portable.
simplyparticular is offline   Reply With Quote