Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 02-09-2009, 03:37 PM   #1
jasonb57
Enthusiast
jasonb57 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jasonb57 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jasonb57 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jasonb57 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: none
Ajax Publisher

Temple: Incarnations by Steven Savile, one of our earliest titles, is now available in eBook format via Fictionwise.com.

"A man awakens in a filthy bedroom with no recollection of who he is or how he got there. Seeing an old Gideon bible on a nightstand, he finds a name to call his own–Temple. This is the story of Temple’s quest for identity and purpose in a dying, decaying world. By turns heartbreaking, enlightening, and surreal, British fantasist Steven Savile has created a story that T.M. Wright describes as “a story about Death written by a man who has clearly consorted with devils.” This novella comprises the four part Temple series published in Apex Digest issues five through eight, with a special introduction from T.M. Wright and an afterword from the author."

All our eBook titles are Kindle compatible and are DRM free. Order by February 16th, and receive an additional 15% off the book’s retail price (the standard early-bird FW discount).

I've priced it $3.99 based on input from the fine folks of this board.

Here's a direct link: http://www.fictionwise.com/eBooks/eBook81615.htm

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 11-10-2011 at 06:49 AM.
jasonb57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 03:40 PM   #2
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Ooh damn that sounds kind of cool, especially for $3.99!

I'm downloading it when I get home. Need a fictionwise account first though..

Thanks Jason!
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 04:45 PM   #3
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
It doesn't sound like my usual sort of fiction, but $2.74 for Club members, it's worth a punt.

Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
Ooh damn that sounds kind of cool, especially for $3.99!

I'm downloading it when I get home. Need a fictionwise account first though..

Thanks Jason!
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 09:59 PM   #4
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Ok someone needs to help me here. I just bought it from fictionwise and nothing is showing up in my bookshelf. Argh!
Old 02-09-2009, 10:08 PM   #5
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Nevermind, for whatever reason they logged me out right after I bought the book.
Old 02-10-2009, 12:43 PM   #6
Vaseline
Vaseline began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 505
I just bought a copy, thanks for posting
Vaseline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 05:00 PM   #7
jasonb57
Enthusiast
jasonb57 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jasonb57 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jasonb57 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jasonb57 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Anybody want a free copy of Apex Magazine?

I've been a busy boy.

I'd like some enterprising souls to take a gander of some ebook version of Apex Magazine in three different formats: ePub, LRF, and MOBI.

Shoot me an email (jason at apexdigest dot com) and I'll send you the zip.

All I ask in return is to tell me whether the files are readable.
Old 02-17-2009, 05:03 PM   #8
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Just dropped you an email
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 05:23 PM   #9
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
sent.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 06:25 PM   #10
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonb57 View Post
I've been a busy boy.

I'd like some enterprising souls to take a gander of some ebook version of Apex Magazine in three different formats: ePub, LRF, and MOBI.

Shoot me an email (jason at apexdigest dot com) and I'll send you the zip.

All I ask in return is to tell me whether the files are readable.
Sure. But what market/readership is Apex magazine for?

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 06:26 PM   #11
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Now on my reader, which is charging - will have a shufty tomorrow
Old 02-17-2009, 08:13 PM   #12
jasonb57
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by delphidb96 View Post
Sure. But what market/readership is Apex magazine for?

Derek
Dark SF.
Old 02-18-2009, 07:15 PM   #13
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD

OK - I haven't properly read it yet, but I have flicked through in both epub and LRF, and both formats are easily readable on my 505.

Unasked for comments

The epub formatted one looks much nicer but takes a long time turning pages - not within an article or story, but between them. Also, the page numbering on the right of some of the pages is distracting - partly because it changes position, and partly because it sometimes layers over the text.

The lrf isn't quite as pretty, but page turning is a lot quicker! And there's no page numbers on the right.

Both would be very nice with a hyperlinked table of contents.

And finally thank you for introducing me to both the magazine and the website, the link for which I've already passed on to another forum entirely as some of the short stories on it are likely to appeal to them.
Old 02-18-2009, 09:37 PM   #14
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
The epub formatted one looks much nicer but takes a long time turning pages - not within an article or story, but between them. Also, the page numbering on the right of some of the pages is distracting - partly because it changes position, and partly because it sometimes layers over the text.

The lrf isn't quite as pretty, but page turning is a lot quicker! And there's no page numbers on the right.
This has nothing to do with the files he provided, but with the mobile version of Digital Editions present on the Reader. The numbers on the right side for instance--DE puts them there.

And LRF is usually faster on the Reader, since it's the native format. Again, nothing to do with the files themselves.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 10:21 PM   #15
jasonb57
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valloric View Post
This has nothing to do with the files he provided, but with the mobile version of Digital Editions present on the Reader. The numbers on the right side for instance--DE puts them there.

And LRF is usually faster on the Reader, since it's the native format. Again, nothing to do with the files themselves.
Okay, I was starting to question my sanity because I'd taken out all the page numbers.