Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-01-2015, 04:58 AM   #1
Solo2902
Solo2902 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite
Kindle PaperWhite Folder system

I have erased Folder system and documents folder also on my kindle paperwhite 2 and i cant use it anymore please if anyone can send me the folder at bakhtaoui@outlook.com thank you All
Solo2902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 05:31 AM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solo2902 View Post
I have erased Folder system and documents folder also on my kindle paperwhite 2 and i cant use it anymore please if anyone can send me the folder at bakhtaoui@outlook.com thank you All
Re-boot (I.E: do a hard restart) of the system, it will recreate the required folder structure.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-01-2015, 02:50 PM   #3
Solo2902

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Re-boot (I.E: do a hard restart) of the system, it will recreate the required folder structure.
the problem is that I did a hard restart but that not let me use the kindle with usb I mean it show me in my pc that the device is not recognized and I can just send books by email with wifi
Old 03-01-2015, 03:02 PM   #4
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
the problem is that I did a hard restart but that not let me use the kindle with usb I mean it show me in my pc that the device is not recognized and I can just send books by email with wifi
And you can see / read those books on the Kindle?

Bad USB connection - check for:
* Bad connector (either at the Kindle or the PC)
* Bad cable
* A "power only" USB cable (from some other type of device)
* A bad port (either at the Kindle or the PC)
Old 03-01-2015, 09:18 PM   #5
tekkasit
Groupie
tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, KV, KOA3
* Did it work before? Did you format/reinstall your PC?
* Did you try with another PC USB port, or PC machine, or another working 'data' cable?
tekkasit is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-02-2015, 02:26 PM   #6
Solo2902

Quote:
And you can see / read those books on the Kindle?

Bad USB connection - check for:
* Bad connector (either at the Kindle or the PC)
* Bad cable
* A "power only" USB cable (from some other type of device)
* A bad port (either at the Kindle or the PC)
I am sure that the port and the cable are fine because I tried them both with kindle the first edition so I think if I can copy the folder system of another paperwhite it will resolve my problem
Old 03-02-2015, 03:07 PM   #7
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
I am sure that the port and the cable are fine because I tried them both with kindle the first edition so I think if I can copy the folder system of another paperwhite it will resolve my problem
Ah, so that narrows it down to the connector on the Kindle.

And yes, we have seen broken (or worn out) USB connectors on the Kindles.

(It is a replaceable part, the problem is just that it requires special board re-work tools.
The electronic's department of a nearby school or university will have the tools, if you know someone with access.
If you have to hire the work done - a new Kindle is probably cheaper. )
Old 03-06-2015, 02:49 AM   #8
Solo2902

Quote:
Ah, so that narrows it down to the connector on the Kindle.

And yes, we have seen broken (or worn out) USB connectors on the Kindles.

(It is a replaceable part, the problem is just that it requires special board re-work tools.
The electronic's department of a nearby school or university will have the tools, if you know someone with access.
If you have to hire the work done - a new Kindle is probably cheaper. )
I don't think its broken because i can charge my kindle and even use it as a usb storage device but not a kindle any more so i have to choose to use it as ebook reader but juste with wifi or a usb device
Old 03-06-2015, 07:45 AM   #9
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
I don't think its broken because i can charge my kindle and even use it as a usb storage device but not a kindle any more so i have to choose to use it as ebook reader but juste with wifi or a usb device
Hmm.....
That is a little bit more detail than has been given previously. (*)

Now - just what do you mean by "can not use it as a Kindle" ?
The only things you can normally do using the USB cable is charge the device (yup) and use it as a USB storage device (yup).

(*) You have to tell us the details, nobody here wants to go to the trouble of booting up their crystal ball and channeling into your mind (that would involve serious privacy issues).

Tags
folder, kindle, paperwhite, system