Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-13-2011, 11:17 AM   #1
spindlegirl
Wizard
spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra h20, Paperwhite 2017, Phone & Tablet w Moonreader
Registering my T1 with Adobe Digital Editions problem.

I have logged into ADE and selected the option to register a new product on line.
I have repeatedly typed in the serial number, and then ADE claims that I cannot register it, and sends me a link to which devices are supported, only to tell me that the t1 is among them.

I really want to register this so I can start borrowing books from the library.
spindlegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 11:34 AM   #2
twinszz
Connoisseur
twinszz will become famous soon enoughtwinszz will become famous soon enoughtwinszz will become famous soon enoughtwinszz will become famous soon enoughtwinszz will become famous soon enoughtwinszz will become famous soon enough

Device: prs 300, 600, 950, 350, & T1
Hey SpindleGirl,

You don't have to register directly with ADE. Register through Sony ebook store and it will authorize your reader.
twinszz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-13-2011, 11:38 AM   #3
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
You have a few options:

1. Download the Sony Reader software. Sony has a Canadian ebookstore. Follow these instructions from Sony to register with their store, and it will also authorize your T1 with Adobe at the same time.
http://ebooks.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/91

2. Alternatively you could do this over Wi-fi. Click on the Reader icon on the home-page. It will ask you to sign in with your existing account password or should prompt you to create a new account if you don't have one. At the end of the process, your T1 should be authorized.

Good luck!
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 11:44 AM   #4
spindlegirl
Wizard
spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

We're in the process of doing that. I got a confirmation email back that I am registered with the sony store. However for library usage it says I have to register with ADE. (I clicked "public library) and got the window. I think once I have all this sorted out, I'll be thrilled. I am still waiting here at my husband's office to see how it turns out.
Old 12-13-2011, 11:50 AM   #5
MsD
MsD will become famous soon enoughMsD will become famous soon enoughMsD will become famous soon enoughMsD will become famous soon enoughMsD will become famous soon enoughMsD will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS300,Sony PRS T1,Nexus 7
I have ADE and I often check out ebooks from my library .. I have never registered my reader though . I simply sign in to my library and download my books and then open them in ADE to read them on my laptop . Then , simply because I find it easier, I log into my library through the wifi on my reader and re-download the books I've checked out directly to the reader .
MsD is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-13-2011, 11:50 AM   #6
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

When you say "it" says you have to register with ADE, what is "it"? A manual? An error message on the screen? Or just a general note to everyone on your library website? When you created the Sony bookstore account, then it should have also created an Adobe ID for you with the same email address and password.

You can tell if your T1 is authorized by this step. Click on "Settings" on the second page of the homescreen. Then click About and then click Device Information. You should see "This device is authorized for reading and purchasing Adobe DRM content".
Old 12-13-2011, 12:03 PM   #7
spindlegirl
Wizard

It is an error message on the screen when I click on "Public Library" The reason I want to do this is because I want to borrow books from my library wirelessly. I don't have a windows desktop (which is why I am at my husband's office, to download and upgrade the firmware).

Anyway, I was able to register at the sony store and then at ade after a bit of user error :O and finding out what to do. You all have been very helpful. I now am able to enter my library credentials and start borrowing books.
Old 12-13-2011, 12:29 PM   #8
spindlegirl
Wizard

Yeah it turns out I had the order of what to register and where to register it, all wrong. Once I had that established I was able to buzz off and let my husband work
Old 12-13-2011, 12:35 PM   #9
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast

Great news! Happy reading!
Old 12-13-2011, 12:54 PM   #10
spindlegirl
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
Great news! Happy reading!
I just browsed my first library book from my local library, and downloaded directly to my T! via wifi! I'm at a mall right now!

I am super pleased with this device!
Old 12-13-2011, 01:15 PM   #11
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast

That's awesome! Library downloads via Wi-fi is one of the main reasons I bought the T1.
Old 12-13-2011, 03:01 PM   #12
spindlegirl
Wizard

i was really plowing through all the forums when the e-reader sales hit, but my heart seemed to be with t1 all along. I had firmly resolved to sit on my hands but just couldn't resist. The ease of library loan (which proved itself true, by the loan of a cute looking YA book just to see if I "could") totally has me.

I am totally and utterly smitten (so far) with this reader and I hope it continues!