Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 12-21-2010, 04:24 PM   #1
UntreedReads
Addict
UntreedReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UntreedReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UntreedReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UntreedReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UntreedReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UntreedReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UntreedReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UntreedReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UntreedReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UntreedReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UntreedReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone
New Historical Fiction From Brenda K. Marshall: DAKOTA

About Dakota, Or What’s a Heaven For:

The lives and schemes of frontier politicians, Northern Pacific Railroad executives, bonanza farmers, and homesteaders converge in the story of Frances Houghton Bingham, who marries the son of a Red River Valley bonanza farmer in order to remain near her new husband’s sister. Emotionally complex, willful and resourceful, Frances is seduced by the myths of opportunity driving the settlement of Dakota Territory, and dares to dream of a new world in which to realize her unconventional desires. Providing a counterpoint to the dramatic risks taken by Frances is the generous voice of Kirsten Knudson, the daughter of Norwegian homesteaders. As Kirsten grows from a voluble girl to a formidable woman, her observations (equal parts absurdity and insight) reveal the heart of the novel.

About Author Brenda K. Marshall (in her own words):

I was born on a farm in the Red River Valley of eastern North Dakota, and grew up climbing trees, riding my pony, and daydreaming under a wide prairie sky. I left North Dakota after college, and have since lived in Colorado, Minnesota, Iowa, Washington, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, and for the past fourteen years, Michigan. I have a Ph.D. in English, and teach part-time in the English Department at the University of Michigan.

My first novel, Mavis, was published in 1996, and my second novel, Dakota, Or What’s a Heaven For, was released in November 2010 from the North Dakota Institute for Regional Studies. I also have published a book of scholarship, Teaching the Postmodern: Fiction and Theory (Routledge, 1992).

My (unlawfully wedded) spouse of twenty-five years, Valerie, and I live in the country near Ann Arbor, with two horses, two dogs, and one cat. When not writing or teaching, I might be trying to improve my nascent woodworking skills, riding horse, working in my vegetable garden, helping out in Valerie’s huge perennial garden, reading, exercising at the gym, listening to opera, or planning trips, some of which I actually take. No matter where I am living or what I am doing, I think of myself as a North Dakotan.

How to Purchase Dakota, Or What’s a Heaven For:

Dakota, Or What’s a Heaven For has a retail price of $5.99, and is available from The Untreed Reads Store in EPUB, MOBI (Kindle), LIT (Microsoft Reader) and PDF formats.

You’ll also find the title at Amazon, BarnesAndNoble.com, OmniLit.com, Scribd and Smashwords. It will soon be available at most of the great retailers listed on the right side of our site.

Not seeing it at your favorite retailer on our list? It will be there shortly! It sometimes may take our distributors a week or two from release to post the title.

Be sure to check out our complete catalog of titles by visiting the new OUR TITLES tab at the top of our homepage, or use our new easy-to-search features in the updated Untreed Reads Store.

All Untreed Reads titles are available for every platform and device, including the iPad, nook and Kindle. All titles are compatible with all reading applications. Title selection at individual retailers may vary depending on what they choose to carry.
UntreedReads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 03:20 PM   #2
UntreedReads
Addict
UntreedReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UntreedReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UntreedReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UntreedReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UntreedReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UntreedReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UntreedReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UntreedReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UntreedReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UntreedReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UntreedReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone
Brenda K. Marshall’s DAKOTA, OR WHAT’S A HEAVEN FOR Wins Silver IPPY Award

Untreed Reads is thrilled to announce that Brenda K. Marshall’s historical fiction work Dakota, Or What’s a Heaven For has won a silver IPPY award in the category of Mid-West – Best Regional Fiction.

The “IPPY” Awards, launched in 1996, are designed to bring increased recognition to the deserving but often unsung titles published by independent authors and publishers. Established as the first awards program open exclusively to independents, over 2,500 “IPPYs” have been awarded to authors and publishers around the world. The Awards recognize 12 Outstanding Books of the Year in categories such as Most Inspirational to Youth and Most Likely To Save the Planet, and to gold, silver and gold medal winners in 69 categories, ranging from non-fiction categories like Architecture and Religion, to fiction categories like Multicultural and Horror. Our Regional Awards honor books published with a regional focus, and recognize Best Fiction and Best Non-Fiction Book in eight U.S. regions, two Canadian regions, and Australia/New Zealand.
UntreedReads is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fiction, historical, literature, western