Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-11-2012, 07:38 PM   #1
O300g
O300g began at the beginning.

Device: T1
Recovering books from bricked device?

Hi,

I tried to add a root the device and now it does not progress beyond the circular refresh arrows when it restarts (after the reader application opening screen on reset).
Looks like a hard factory reset (unless someone has a suggestion pls?).
Is ther any way of recovering my books from the device before I do so please...I have not backed up the books and have spent ages sorting out the collections!

Any suggestions much appreciated.

Thank you
O300g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 12:34 AM   #2
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
When you connect the reader with the USB cable to your PC, can you see the reader as a drive? If so, you can just copy all the books from the reader to your PC.

I know this is after the fact and not helpful for you now, but my usual process for books is that they're on my PC first and always, and then I copy them to the reader. You can just drag-and-drop at that point to copy them over, or use a better book managerment program like Calibre (which is what I use).

If for some reason you can't get the books off the reader, you should be able to redownload any that you've purchased from the online stores. But I never trust my books to only one location, especially not the one location most likely to lose the books through a reset, or even worse, lose the reader entirely and with it all your books.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert