Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-08-2013, 09:29 PM   #46
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV, Kobo Forma, Kobo A1LE, KO3, K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
Watch for any decreased battery life. Some sleep covers for the Glo would apparently keep the light from turning off and battery drainage was immense.
This isn't a sleep cover, so you need to manually put the Aura to sleep or wait for it to automatically go to sleep after the pre-set amount of time passes.
93terp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 10:01 PM   #47
Uschiekid
Tenrec
Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93terp View Post
This isn't a sleep cover, so you need to manually put the Aura to sleep or wait for it to automatically go to sleep after the pre-set amount of time passes.
the problem taming was referring to was the same situation. covers that weren't sleep covers...often with inside pockets (but i believe not always). If the cover was closed too soon after manually putting it to sleep, the cover would interfere with the going to sleep process...so if you have bad battery drainage, wait longer after turning it off to close the cover.
Uschiekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 07:27 AM   #48
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
I put an edit note in my post as I believe Uschiekid's is more accurate. I was wrong.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 10:40 AM   #49
RZetlin
Addict
RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura HD (RIP)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93terp View Post
I just got my Navitech Aura case today. Much faster delivery than Amazon indicated (24 May - 9 June)!

This case IS NOT made specifically for the Aura, as it's a little too long in length top to bottom, and, as you can see from the pictures, one of the corner straps blocks the sleep/power slider button. Also, the case closure does not put the Aura to sleep automatically, like the Kobo Sleep cover does. In fairness to Navitech, they do not claim this functionality; I'm just putting it out there in case someone was wondering The flap closure is magnetic, and that's how the case cover is held in place when closed.

While it's not a perfect size fit for the Aura, and I have no intention of using the credit card slots on the left hand side, for $12.99 it's doable, but I'd prefer a case of similar form factor that was a better fit specific to the Aura, or a similar sized e-reader. The one thing it does a great job at is masking the "slippery plastic" problem of the bare Aura & Sleep cover.
The case reminds me of my current Rocketfish cover I have for my Kobo Glo.

Your information helps a lot - it is good to see that the Navitech case does fit the Aura.

At $12.99 it's better than getting the overpriced official sleep cover for $50 dollars.

------------------------

BTW, has anybody tried these 7" cases from Best Buy?

Last edited by RZetlin; 05-09-2013 at 10:45 AM.
RZetlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 10:58 AM   #50
beckybug3
Enthusiast
beckybug3 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindbeckybug3 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindbeckybug3 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindbeckybug3 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindbeckybug3 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindbeckybug3 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindbeckybug3 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindbeckybug3 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindbeckybug3 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindbeckybug3 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindbeckybug3 has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Kobo Touch, a dead Kobo Aura HD, and a dead Kobo Wifi
I got the black sleepcover when I got my Aura. And while I love the convenience it offers, I wish I could get one with a pocket to store the charging cable. I am always on the move and need to charge my book easily.
beckybug3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:32 AM   #51
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Has anyone found a hard shell case that could hold the Aura in its sleep cover? I would like some rigid support around the Aura when I am carrying it around. A wrist strap would be ideal.

I've been looking at 7" tablet hard cases, but the problem is that the sleep cover enlarges the outer dimensions of the Aura to 7-1/2" x 5-1/2" x 3/4" - which is 'just' too large to fit into a hard shell case for a 7" tablet.

Any suggestions where I might look?
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 08:49 PM   #52
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RZetlin View Post
The case reminds me of my current Rocketfish cover I have for my Kobo Glo.

Your information helps a lot - it is good to see that the Navitech case does fit the Aura.

At $12.99 it's better than getting the overpriced official sleep cover for $50 dollars.

------------------------

BTW, has anybody tried these 7" cases from Best Buy?
Glad the info helped! The Navitech case is definitely too big (length) for the Kobo, so now I'm searching for a similar form factor better suited to the Auar HD size...
Old 05-09-2013, 09:19 PM   #53
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I found this semi-rigid 7" case from CaseLogic, the inner side on the upper side (screen side) being padded for better protection and I think it's fairly stylish too.

http://www.caselogic.com/fr-fr/be/pr..._-_207_-_black
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:26 PM   #54
SouLThinking
Enthusiast
SouLThinking , Klaatu Barada Niktu!SouLThinking , Klaatu Barada Niktu!SouLThinking , Klaatu Barada Niktu!SouLThinking , Klaatu Barada Niktu!SouLThinking , Klaatu Barada Niktu!SouLThinking , Klaatu Barada Niktu!SouLThinking , Klaatu Barada Niktu!SouLThinking , Klaatu Barada Niktu!SouLThinking , Klaatu Barada Niktu!SouLThinking , Klaatu Barada Niktu!SouLThinking , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Nook Color
Belkin

This is the Belkin Cover with Elastic Band and Stand Kindle Fire 7", I found it at walmart today for 30. It fits pretty good. NOT perfect but good. NOt a sleep cover but for now it is protecting my Aura and I'm ok with it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	39030173.jpg
Views:	420
Size:	8.2 KB
ID:	105655  

Last edited by SouLThinking; 05-09-2013 at 09:32 PM.
SouLThinking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 10:07 PM   #55
93terp
Fear The Turtle!

Universal eReader Folio

This one has piqued my curiosity for its "universality".....

http://www.amazon.com/Case-Logic-EFO...l+ereader+case
Old 05-10-2013, 12:35 AM   #56
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
I don't know about you, but I hate a case that's too big, because leather straps or elastic straps always tends to distend a bit with time. My K4 for instance has been for months now in an m-Edge Go case that was originally sold for the Sony 350 and believe it or not, but it fits perfectly well.

This time around I bought a Tuff-luv case for a kindle touch and replaced the original leather lower straps, which I hate anyway, through elastic ones, now it's a perfect fit.

The Aura has more or less the same dimensions as the Pocketbook 613, it is just a tad thicker, so for those not willing to do any modifications, any case with straps for the PB613 should also work for the Aura. The Tuff-Luv PB613 case was just here much dearer here than Tuff-luv kindle touch case, thus my choice.

Of course some of you might prefer cases where you slip the device in a leather frame, I personally don't like them.

Last edited by aceflor; 05-10-2013 at 12:38 AM.
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 11:06 AM   #57
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Me neither, I want a case that protects my reader but when I open it, I want the reader immediately and easily removable as I like reading it bare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
Of course some of you might prefer cases where you slip the device in a leather frame, I personally don't like them.
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:53 PM   #58
93terp
Fear The Turtle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
I don't know about you, but I hate a case that's too big, because leather straps or elastic straps always tends to distend a bit with time.

Amen on both counts!!
Old 05-10-2013, 09:45 PM   #59
berklon
berklon is kind to children and small, furry animalsberklon is kind to children and small, furry animalsberklon is kind to children and small, furry animalsberklon is kind to children and small, furry animalsberklon is kind to children and small, furry animalsberklon is kind to children and small, furry animalsberklon is kind to children and small, furry animalsberklon is kind to children and small, furry animalsberklon is kind to children and small, furry animalsberklon is kind to children and small, furry animalsberklon is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kobo Aura HD
I only require a case for protection during transport/storage. I prefer to read with the Kobo bare without an covers or anything.

I picked up the Blackberry Playbook Leather envelope for $10. The Aura isn't as snug/tight a fit with this case as a Playbook is, but it still holds it pretty good with the Kobo only moving about half an inch when skaken. No matter how much I shake it though, the envelope flap won't open and the Aura won't fall out.

It's a nice cheap way to protect it and it looks pretty good too.

http://ca.crackberry.com/blackberry-...4A185A8106.htm
berklon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 03:44 PM   #60
guitarizt
Connoisseur
guitarizt has learned how to read e-booksguitarizt has learned how to read e-booksguitarizt has learned how to read e-booksguitarizt has learned how to read e-booksguitarizt has learned how to read e-booksguitarizt has learned how to read e-booksguitarizt has learned how to read e-booksguitarizt has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony PRS-T1; PW1; H2O
Just got the Frieq Bubble Case. I ordered it Thurs night and got it today (Sat). It's a nice chance of pace from Kobo's snail pace.

-The case has more padding than I expected.
-The Aura HD fits with room to spare.
-I love the pink. It's not too much that I feel girly, and the shade of it reminds me of candy.
-It'll work awesome as a stand while I'm reading at night.
guitarizt is offline   Reply With Quote