Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-17-2014, 01:11 PM   #61
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
Can't confirm that Vocabulary Builder works on all side-loaded books, but I side load almost all of my books (98+%). I haven't really kept track of VB, but when I opened it the other day, it had tons of words listed in it--from my side loaded books. Don't know that it captured everything I looked up, as I wasn't paying attention. But it certainly had a lot of words in it from various side-loaded books. (My side-loaded books are all AZW3 books.)
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 11:59 AM   #62
jgsmith
Connoisseur
jgsmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgsmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgsmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgsmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgsmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgsmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgsmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgsmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgsmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgsmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgsmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-600, Kobo Touch, Kindle PW2
I realize Amazon pushes these updates out in waves, and that I can manually apply it, but my PW2 has still not received the update. Is this unusual?
jgsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-18-2014, 12:22 PM   #63
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgsmith View Post
I realize Amazon pushes these updates out in waves, and that I can manually apply it, but my PW2 has still not received the update. Is this unusual?
No, not at all. It can take months.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 12:38 PM   #64
jgsmith
Connoisseur
jgsmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgsmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgsmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgsmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgsmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgsmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgsmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgsmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgsmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgsmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgsmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-600, Kobo Touch, Kindle PW2
Thanks Harry. Is there a reason for such a slow rollout? I've been in the software business for 30 years, and I have never heard of such a gradual push.
jgsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 02:35 PM   #65
ehani
Connoisseur
ehani began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Every time I turn my paperwhite on books have been knocked out of collections.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nynaevelan View Post
Nothing changed, it still does the same thing.

I am not sure about this one, all my Alfed books purchased from Amazon still have their ASIN associated with them, so Amazon recognizes them as their books, even though they are Alfed. The non-Amazon ones still have the same annoying messages. Oh and the update knocked them out of their collections kinda. I had to act like I was adding them back in order for them to be recognized as being in collections again, even though once in collection mode, all their collections were still checked. I hope that makes sense.
ehani is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert