Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 02-23-2010, 02:21 PM   #16
ckole
Enthusiast
ckole began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
I don't think it has this feature but a good RSS reader with download capability would be nice. If and when I get one I am sure Caliber will work. However, it would be nice to have something directly on the device where you will be able to download when connected and then read anywhere.
ckole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 02:50 PM   #17
paulckennedy
Addict
paulckennedy has learned how to read e-bookspaulckennedy has learned how to read e-bookspaulckennedy has learned how to read e-bookspaulckennedy has learned how to read e-bookspaulckennedy has learned how to read e-bookspaulckennedy has learned how to read e-bookspaulckennedy has learned how to read e-books

Device: Apple iPad
FeedR_News_Reader

Looked up RSS feeds on AndAppStore and found FeedR. I use Tabloid.com to send me a PDF file with my RSS feeds in my email. I want to see how well it handles the pdf on the Edge.
paulckennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-23-2010, 05:26 PM   #18
mgm1979
Zealot
mgm1979 is on a distinguished road

Device: Entourage eDGe
so, here's a silly uneducated programming language. Is there a way to develop a script or something that could upscale whatever Android Apps we run through it to take advantage of the larger screen??? (wouldn't THAT be cool!?!?!)

Again, I don't know what I'm talking about...just thinking/dreaming out loud...
mgm1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 07:16 PM   #19
zetareticuli
Addict
zetareticuli doesn't litterzetareticuli doesn't litterzetareticuli doesn't litter

Device: Aztak Mentor
Are you referring to the eInk display or the regular LCD screen? Writing stuff for the eInk display is much more challenging and depends almost entirely on an SDK that Entourage would need to make available specifically for that.
zetareticuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 08:28 PM   #20
paulckennedy
Addict
paulckennedy has learned how to read e-bookspaulckennedy has learned how to read e-bookspaulckennedy has learned how to read e-bookspaulckennedy has learned how to read e-bookspaulckennedy has learned how to read e-bookspaulckennedy has learned how to read e-bookspaulckennedy has learned how to read e-books

Has anyone had their order changed from Pre-Approved to Shipping yet? Not here. I was really hoping that it might be here by Thursday. Would have made a great Birthday present.
Advert
Old 02-23-2010, 09:05 PM   #21
zetareticuli
Addict
zetareticuli doesn't litterzetareticuli doesn't litterzetareticuli doesn't litter

Paul, Happy Birthday! No, man. My credit card shows a hold but the amount has not actually been debited yet. Mine still shows "pre-approved". I really hope I am wrong but I don't really expect to receive the eDGe until mid/end of next week.
Old 02-23-2010, 09:20 PM   #22
paulckennedy
Addict

Me either but I can still hope. Thanks.
Old 02-23-2010, 10:03 PM   #23
mgm1979
Zealot
mgm1979 is on a distinguished road

Device: Entourage eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetareticuli View Post
Are you referring to the eInk display or the regular LCD screen? Writing stuff for the eInk display is much more challenging and depends almost entirely on an SDK that Entourage would need to make available specifically for that.
yeah, the LCD screen...so that rather than running Android Apps as they are already written, and doing so in a window the size of a smartphone, we could "upscale" those apps to use the larger screen...???

Paul, Happy B-Day...no change in order status here either - and I'm like you...keep checking every day! I fear an arrival by the end of next week is more likely - especially since I only paid for the standard ground shipping...sigh.
mgm1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 10:33 PM   #24
Batman Jr.
Unstoppably Curious
Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kindle 3/Fire; BB Z10; enTourage eDGe/Pocket eDGe; iPad4/iPod touch 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulckennedy View Post
Me either but I can still hope. Thanks.

No joy here, either.
Batman Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 09:07 AM   #25
zetareticuli
Addict

Yes, the applications can be adapted to the larger screen. As far as receiving the eDGe, I say we won't get it until next week, a March delivery date as I always suspected.
Old 02-24-2010, 10:31 AM   #26
paulckennedy
Addict

Did you notice the API Demo icon and the supplied game in the videos?

Applications Snapshot

They look cool!

Last edited by paulckennedy; 02-24-2010 at 10:36 AM.
Old 02-24-2010, 02:38 PM   #27
zetareticuli
Addict

Yes, those are very cool. I can't wait to start writing code for it.
Old 02-24-2010, 03:11 PM   #28
paulckennedy
Addict

zetareticuli,
do you have an avd built for the Edge spec? I set Android 1.6, screen spec 1024x600 and it fails to open.
Old 02-24-2010, 03:23 PM   #29
zetareticuli
Addict

Paul, yes, I get the exact same thing. I only played with it briefly but I get the exact same thing. I will have more time this weekend to get back to work on it.
Old 02-25-2010, 11:52 PM   #30
Batman Jr.
Unstoppably Curious
Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kindle 3/Fire; BB Z10; enTourage eDGe/Pocket eDGe; iPad4/iPod touch 5
F.Y.I - They've started to ship, and for at least two of us with overnight delivery! Yeah, baby!
Batman Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote