Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-26-2009, 01:12 AM   #1
justmee
justmee began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Is there a waterproof case for Sony's reader?

Hi all,

I love to read in the tub, by (or in) my pool, at the beach, take my ereader camping, etc. Does anyone know of a dry bag or case that will work with the Sony PRS-505 while reading? It would need to be available in or ship to Ontario, Canada. I'd appreciate any info you guys might have. Take care.
justmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 01:47 AM   #2
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by justmee View Post
Hi all,

I love to read in the tub, by (or in) my pool, at the beach, take my ereader camping, etc. Does anyone know of a dry bag or case that will work with the Sony PRS-505 while reading? It would need to be available in or ship to Ontario, Canada. I'd appreciate any info you guys might have. Take care.
http://www.aquapac.net/ukstore/sony-...64-2316-0.html
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-26-2009, 02:58 AM   #3
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
Also, several people use ziploc freezer bags. Very economical!

dordale
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 08:40 AM   #4
revfish
The Pastor of Disaster
revfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony PRS-650, Apple iPad 3 64GB Wifi
I highly recommend a find I had. I found a clear vinyl zipper pencil case at Target that serves the purpose wonderfully. If you carefully pull the metal zipper slide off, it leaves a heavy weight vinyl Ziploc pouch that is the perfect size for the Reader and is water tight (at least enough for tub purposes...I don't know if I would take it into the pool but YMMV). I have a couple in the bathroom and a couple in my bag, in case I get caught outside in the rain, I can put my Reader, phone and iPod in them so they don't get ruined.
revfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 06:33 AM   #5
acidzebra
Liseuse Lover
acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
I picked up a generic waterproof transparent bag at a travel store, works just fine.
acidzebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-27-2009, 07:35 AM   #6
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Your local camping supply store has several very good dry bags that will fit the bill without costing you a lot of money. Clear vinyl with good waterproof closures.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 07:38 AM   #7
WillAdams
Wizard
WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite (300ppi), Samsung Galaxy Book 12
I'm one of the people using some sort of slide-locking plastic storage bag --- works fine and still allows my PRS-505 to fit in my shirt pocket.

William
WillAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 11:18 PM   #8
Cabe
Connoisseur
Cabe has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Cabe has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Cabe has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Cabe has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Cabe has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPhone
+1 for aquapac
Cabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 08:47 PM   #9
itzmeigh
Enthusiast
itzmeigh began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
I was using a zip top bag and they do work fine. But they tend to wear out and sometimes my toddler knocks my book actually IN The water and I wanted something that was more water tight.

I got just a clear "random brand" waterproof bag from the Academy Sporting Goods store. I think I paid less then $10 and it is still going strong! I just took my reader in with me and tried a few till I found one I liked best.

SO I say look at the local camping/boating places for waterproof bags.
itzmeigh is offline   Reply With Quote