Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 03-20-2009, 04:04 AM   #1
El_Angelo
El_Angelo began at the beginning.

Device: iliad
Iliad connection

Hi,

We have about 17 iliad ereaders here and i don't succeed in updating them.
I have registered on myirex, requested the developer package on iDS for my device and then the website told me to connect the iliad to the internet and it would automatically pick up the update....

None of this seem to happen. I push the connect button and then it just sits there doing nothing... (If i pull out the network cable it tells me iDS is unreachable)
Is this supposed to take a long time? Did i abort it too soon? Is there any indication this thing is doing something??? All I have is a screen that has the flying books on it... and it sits there.

Must say that i basically have no clue which version it's running right now...
in the eReader Settings there is Version Information: OS -0 and FS-21 i have absolutely no idea what this is supposed to mean...
I installed the Iliad Companion Software and even that thing complains that the software on the iliad is too old... (says it's pre 2.9 ...)

Last edited by El_Angelo; 03-20-2009 at 05:07 AM.
El_Angelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 05:34 AM   #2
Max
Connoisseur
Max has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Max has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Max has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Max has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iLiad, DR1000s
Hi,

The last firmware version for the iliad is the 2.12, (2.12.1 for the book edition)
the update doesn't take to long.

You should check your connection configuration. WiFi connection can give problems.
Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-23-2009, 07:56 PM   #3
cbell
Frenetic
cbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipse

Device: iLiad V2
The first time I updated my iLiad via iDS took a long time. I watched it for 3 hours, downloading, re-booting, downloading, then I left it to finish overnight.

Updates depend on the size of the update and the speed of your connection. Make sure you have plenty of charge in your iLiad before you attempt your iDS connection.

Can you do a generic iDS update? see https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho....php?t=41281#4
cbell is offline   Reply With Quote