Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 12-21-2011, 12:01 PM   #1
cece
cece began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
Never Give Up

I finally have my Vox working exactly the way I want it. My ereading is great, my games are fun, and finally netflix is working. Last wish is the market.
I was told numerous times that is would not work unless I rooted (not so). I spend about 30 minutes on the phone yesterday with Netflix and end result was the person I talked to said that the steps are as follows ...they send kobo the information for the app and it is up to them to get the app working. So....I called Kobo. The person (after checking with someone else several times) informed me that the Vox cannot play netflix and have no idea about netflix in canada. Also my question about the next update, there was not update planned in the near future. Then within about 20 minutes there was an update notice posted on this forum. Since I purchased my vox I have been determined to get it the way I want it. I would see all these posts about all the things it can do and just shake my head and wonder why I cannot get that working. Now...(thanks to Jeff and KoboJW) as well as the advice I have received on this forum I am very happy with my progress. I am feeling very disappointed in customer service these days. I have learned so much from the people here and I would like to say Thank you

Last edited by cece; 12-21-2011 at 12:03 PM.
cece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 12:17 PM   #2
Reader Paradice
Getting Back To Reading!
Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox and Touch
I mirror you sentiments. This forum is filled with persons only too willing to help you in the first few keystrokes! Like you, thank you to all.

Well, after this update, I'm as happy to date as a camper that finds himself waking up to a sunny sky, and no mosquitoes or black flies in sight!

Joking aside, with the tweaks to the general performance, and being now able to lock the reader into Portrait (this was a biggie as it would change whilst reclining in bed, and you shifted your body and 'hold' angle), a large irritation went away...POOF! Thanks, Kobo Team! Also, now having movies and videos playing with no stutter --- another Team Kobo 'high-five'!

Last edited by Reader Paradice; 12-21-2011 at 12:22 PM.
Reader Paradice is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-21-2011, 12:23 PM   #3
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by cece View Post
I called Kobo. The person (after checking with someone else several times) informed me that the Vox cannot play netflix and have no idea about netflix in canada. Also my question about the next update, there was not update planned in the near future. Then within about 20 minutes there was an update notice posted on this forum.
Tier 1 was probably not told about the update until it actually went live. There are good reasons for this, as last minute things do happen and Kobo would not want Tier 1 promising an update that didn't happen as scheduled.

Netflix did not work until very, very recently. To get it working also requires access to the Netflix version that, at this point, is only available from Android Market ( or here from forum friends).

I believe that, in this instance, Kobo Customer care gave you the most accurate information they had--and that there were reasons they did not have more to give.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 01:22 PM   #4
cece
cece began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
Tier 1 was probably not told about the update until it actually went live. There are good reasons for this, as last minute things do happen and Kobo would not want Tier 1 promising an update that didn't happen as scheduled.

Netflix did not work until very, very recently. To get it working also requires access to the Netflix version that, at this point, is only available from Android Market ( or here from forum friends).

I believe that, in this instance, Kobo Customer care gave you the most accurate information they had--and that there were reasons they did not have more to give.
This makes alot of sense...Thanks
cece is offline   Reply With Quote