Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 05-31-2011, 10:46 AM   #1
Zem
Edge User

A Thank You

Dear eDGe Community,

We greatly appreciate your support over the previous year but we unfortunately we must come to an end today. In the coming hours we will be shutting down the forum site. We suggest you consolidate the community back to one of the original locations where you started such as MobileRead or Google. You have been a fabulous group to work with. Special thanks go to Boris (who we re-iterate has never been an employee) who has definitely become a great friend to all eDGe users.

Best of luck to all of you.

Entourage Systems.

Old 05-31-2011, 10:54 AM   #2
sjarrel
Edge User

Goodbey without a latest update? That's really sad. Had a good time though, so thanks anyway and best of luck to you too.

Advert
Old 05-31-2011, 11:06 AM   #3
emusan
Edge User

Thanks guys, I may have gotten on a little late, but the ride was fun nonetheless. Also I'll have my backup of this forum up by tonight(backup was made Saturday, so some stuff may be missing), check mobileread for the link.

Old 05-31-2011, 11:17 AM   #4
borisb
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zem View Post
You have been a fabulous group to work with
As have all the staff at enTourage. For a company that did so many things right, it's a shame that success did not ensue.

Thank you for giving us such treasured devices - I can't imagine right now how I'll eventually replace it.

Old 05-31-2011, 11:22 AM   #5
North19
Edge User

Thank you; is there any provision for service for our devices? Or are we now on our own?

Advert
Old 05-31-2011, 11:24 AM   #6
North19
Edge User

And will there continue to be ermine updates and dingo downgrades available?

Old 05-31-2011, 11:30 AM   #7
borisb
Edge User

North19, the company is out of business. There will be no updates, downloads, website, support, warranty, service, etc.

From now on, you'll have to visit https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=218 where other eDGe users will be able to help you.

Handle your eDGe with great care, because once it breaks, that'll be it.

Old 05-31-2011, 11:48 AM   #8
NJReader
Edge User

Are they going to release the Ermine updated before the "lights go out"?

Entourage had a great product, possibly ahead of its time.
I still get comments from people about my side-by-side e-ink + tablet.
So what went wrong?

Old 05-31-2011, 11:53 AM   #9
borisb
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJReader View Post
Are they going to release the Ermine updated before the "lights go out"?
I doubt it. The only reason to close the forums is if they can't afford to pay for a server each month. Something like that's maybe $20-$100 per month on the cheap. If they can't afford that, how do they pay a programmer $5000+ per month?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJReader View Post
So what went wrong?
There have been many threads on this. Start with http://www.entourageedge.com/forums/...-Edge-go-wrong.

Old 05-31-2011, 12:27 PM   #10
cheyennedonna
Edge User

I have enjoyed and utilized my edge almost more than any other device I've ever purchased. It served me well for reading and notes at school; a lot of my teachers even accepted my classwork and homework directly emailed from the edge. My recently purchased PE is great for reading, and when it gets dark outside I switch the book to the LCD side. Everyone is intrigued by it, but, the younger generation is more interested in the sleek "sexy" tablets. I think that's more what happened than anything; it is after all the younger generation that seems to have the most purchasing power as Generation X spends between $71 and $110 dollars a day. I think Baby Boomers, and older, tend to look at a devices utility as well as the WOW factor when considering a purchase. Although I am disappointed that it seems Beta is all we get, I don't regret my purchases.
In any case, I hope my devices last until I finish school or find something worthy to replace them. See everyone on the other forums.

Old 05-31-2011, 12:40 PM   #11
Glow
Edge User

Farewell. I will truly miss this forum.
See you all on MobileRead.

Old 05-31-2011, 12:53 PM   #12
obsessed2
Edge User

Sorry to see it end this way. Unfortunately, we all kind of expected this day would come. However, this is a good group of users so I know I'll always have someone to turn to for support on the Mobile Read Forum.

Old 05-31-2011, 01:14 PM   #13
larka2006
Edge User

Goodbye to all and see you "on the other side" - Mobileread forum. I came late but enjoyed it nevertheless. Also, I have a hosting for my small company, which is actually ~60$ a year unlimited, so I will be putting there a Wiki for Entourage Edge tips/tricks - I will post a link on Mobileread when I am done (soon) -- it will be on www.landviser.biz domain. So hosting is really cheap, I cannot understand how Entourage cannot keep this forum running (if they indeed working on tablet) and company is staying in business...
Also, on saturday I was able to update my friend PE to Ermine - I cannot register it to their account, so I registered it on mine (beta enabled) and it went through fast. However, also over weekend I could not reach my account page from any device or PC, so all new customers are stuck with Dingo, unless, they use USB update posted on MobileRead... OK, see you and thank you all so much for your advice...

Old 05-31-2011, 01:22 PM   #14
5thWiggle
Edge User

I was sure this was coming when I bought my PE. Hoped for the best, expected the worst - got something in between.

"You live and learn. At any rate, you live."
Douglas Adams

So long enTourage! And thanks for all the fish!

Old 05-31-2011, 01:22 PM   #15
Franky
Edge User

I'm glad I was able to buy my eDGe, even if the beginning was not that good. Thanks to the support crew of Entourage I got an new device.

Thanks for letting me enjoy this device. I gottah get a spare one, because I don't wanna get without it.

I do hope that all those who gave there best for the company and there customers get a new spot where they can continue to develop them self.

so long, guys