Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 03-28-2011, 06:57 AM   #1
MattHorner
MattHorner began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Mobi conversion - control space above lists?

Hi

I'm converting from HTML to Mobi but am struggling to add space between headings/paras and lists (ordered or unordered) that directly follow them. I have tried various margin settings for both the H% tag and the OL or UL tags but these seem to be ignored when I convert. The CSS seems fine when I preview the HTML file in a browser, but when I look at the Mobi file in Kindle Previewer there is no space above the list.

So this is what I want:

Heading

List item 1
List item 2

but his is what I get:

Heading
List item 1
List item 2

I tried importing the same HTML file into Mobipocket Creator and that retains the margin settings I add via CSS, (it justs messes with a load of other styles that Calibre does a nice job with).

Any ideas how I can change my source HTML so that Calibre retains by CSS?

Thanks
MattHorner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 11:28 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Open a ticket and attach a test case, I'll look at it when I have a moment.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert