Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-05-2010, 05:23 AM   #1
jphphotography
Zealot
jphphotography has much to be proud ofjphphotography has much to be proud ofjphphotography has much to be proud ofjphphotography has much to be proud ofjphphotography has much to be proud ofjphphotography has much to be proud ofjphphotography has much to be proud ofjphphotography has much to be proud ofjphphotography has much to be proud ofjphphotography has much to be proud ofjphphotography has much to be proud of

Device: Kindle 3 6" 3G + wifi, Sony PRS-300, iTouch 4G, Galaxy S Vibrant
Calibre2opds thumbnails not displaying

I just installed this program tonight, I've generated the catalog and I've essentially "mirrored" my calibre library folder on my NAS which is running a webserver.

When I browse to the catalog stored locally on my computer all of the thumbnails display properly however when I access it on my NAS they no longer work. Oddly if I click on a book to bring up the full "book page" the image displays fine.

What am I missing here?

PS Kudos to both Kovid Goyle and the authors of 2opds, your work is greatly appreciated (and enjoyed!)
jphphotography is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 05:42 AM   #2
jphphotography
Zealot
jphphotography has much to be proud ofjphphotography has much to be proud ofjphphotography has much to be proud ofjphphotography has much to be proud ofjphphotography has much to be proud ofjphphotography has much to be proud ofjphphotography has much to be proud ofjphphotography has much to be proud ofjphphotography has much to be proud ofjphphotography has much to be proud ofjphphotography has much to be proud of

Nevermind, I figured it out, I'm an idiot Need more sleep.
Advert
Old 10-05-2010, 08:23 AM   #3
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jphphotography View Post
Nevermind, I figured it out, I'm an idiot Need more sleep.
Was it something that it is worth adding to the calibre2opds troubleshooting section?
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 09:21 PM   #4
jphphotography
Zealot

No probably not. When I first generated my catalog and viewed it in my browser I found that one of the author's was messed up. I went into calibre and removed all of the tags for books by that author and did a bulk edit to ensure they were all listed as the same author. Strangely this ended up changing the format of the cover images for every book in my database, instead of using cover.jpg it began using "book title.jpg" so in each book's folder there were now two jpg files. When I copied over the new catalog to my server something must have screwed up and it didn't copy the new files.

I fixed it quite simply by just deleting the _catalog folder on my NAS and copying the files over fresh. I'm beginning to wonder if I shouldn't just go the dropbox route so that changes are made dynamically whenever the folder is updated. 2GB+ of books should be plenty but at the same time I'd rather have it on my own server so it's more "in my hands" so to speak.
Old 10-06-2010, 12:20 AM   #5
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
That makes sense. The cover.jpg files are the book covers put there by Calibre. The book title.jpg files are the thumbnail files created by calibre2opds. They would not be present until you had run calibre2opds so maybe you copied the library before they had been generated?
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-06-2010, 12:39 AM   #6
jphphotography
Zealot

No I waited until after calibre2opds was finished, it's possible that I checked or unchecked a box in 2opds between running it the first time and second time. Either way it really confused me at 4am in my tired state