Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 04-12-2019, 05:24 AM   #16
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
I don’t clean them after every use. And I don’t resort to swabbing very often, either - maybe every 3-4 weeks, if that. Only as needed and when wiping with clean cloth does not do the trick. I imagine lens/screen cleaner would work too: something that doesn’t leave any residue.
The thing is, I'm not sure what to do. My current procedure is to quickly wipe them (the air pods) down after each use before inserting them into the case. Once they start discharging while in the case, I try cleaning inside the case (which usually doesn't help, or only temporarily helps).

I'm going to try the quick wipe down, and use alcohol the beginning of each month.

Compared to other bluetooth earbuds, I just use them, and when I see some ear wax build up I clean them; no charging problems.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 04:43 AM   #17
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The thing is, with a proper pair of headphones, you don't need to deal with any sort of waxy build-up. But you can still use the earpods with the BTR3 and depending on the source, you'll get better sound as the airpods don't have enouch codecs. So you get the worst BT sound from many devices.

Last edited by JSWolf; 04-16-2019 at 04:46 AM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 07:05 AM   #18
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Amazon has the Airpods on sale:

https://www.amazon.com/Apple-AirPods.../dp/B07PXGQC1Q

Note the delivery date.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
airpods, apple, iphone, mac, music