Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-17-2016, 06:42 PM   #31
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
tubemonkey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 08:38 PM   #32
5thWiggleWife
I’m a Happy Boy!
5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2017, Acer A500, Kobo Glo, iPad mini
I can't settle on three but my favourites right now would be:

Great Big Sea
Bryan Adams
Sarah Brightman
Fun
Jesse Cook

Taylor Swift
5thWiggleWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 01:32 AM   #33
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleshuffle View Post
This smells of a new forum game.
Name two musicians/bands lyrics mash-up.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 03:46 AM   #34
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
I have a different set of artists for multiple genres, but I guess I mostly listen to Electronic/Space/Ambient music, so:

1 - David Wright
2 - Kitaro
3 - Gert Emmens (solo or with Ruud Heij)

I got my first table-top radio (vacuum tube) around 1960 and quickly discovered the folk revival. So:

1 - Bob Dylan
2 - Gordon Lightfoot
3 - The Kingston Trio

Sixties Pop:

1 - Glen Campbell
2 - Simon and Garfunkel
3 - The Byrds & Buffalo Springfield (It's a tie.)

Late 60s Acid Rock:

1 - Jefferson Airplane
2 - The Doors
3 - Country Joe and the Fish

Early 70s Prog Rock:

1 - Yes
2 - Renaissance
3 - Jethro Tull

Etc.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 05:19 PM   #35
mewmartigan
Guru
mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (2019)
Mighty Mighty Bosstones

Breaking Benjamin

Bon Jovi (from my 80s childhood)
mewmartigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 10:40 PM   #36
Solitaire1
Samurai Lizard
Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor
  • Carpenters
  • Gilbert O'Sullivan
  • ABBA
Solitaire1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 10:44 PM   #37
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solitaire1 View Post
  • Carpenters
  • Gilbert O'Sullivan
  • ABBA
I like two of your choices -- Carpenters and ABBA.
tubemonkey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 12:54 AM   #38
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
I am accustomed to answer this regarding albums, so let me do that.

Favorite Box:
Paul Desmond with Jim Hall (Mosaic)
Complete Bill Evans at the Village Vanguard (Riverside)

Favorite Album:
Mike Nock - In, Out & Around
Richard "Groove" Holmes - Soul Message

Favorite Best Seller:
Henry Mancini - Music from Peter Gunn
Miles Davis - The Birth of the Cool
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 09:55 AM   #39
JordonGreene
JordonGreene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JordonGreene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JordonGreene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JordonGreene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JordonGreene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JordonGreene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JordonGreene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JordonGreene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JordonGreene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JordonGreene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JordonGreene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewmartigan View Post
Mighty Mighty Bosstones

Breaking Benjamin

Bon Jovi (from my 80s childhood)
Breaking Benjamin is great. I was able to see them live in an acoustic concert in Charlotte a few months ago with Starset (which is also awesome, especially if your into sci-fi).
JordonGreene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 09:34 PM   #40
Red Falcon
Addict
Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
I am going to break the rules here and list my 3 favorite artists in each genre like.

Classical Composers:
Claude Debussy
Arnold Bax
Sergei Rachmaninoff

Rock:
Bruce Springsteen
Bon Jovi
Metallica

Merle Haggard
Emmy Lou Harris
George Strait

Jazz:
Kenny Dorham
Hank Mobley
Wes Montgomery
Red Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 09:37 PM   #41
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3g Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Falcon View Post
I am going to break the rules here and list my 3 favorite artists in each genre like.

Classical Composers:
Claude Debussy
Arnold Bax
Sergei Rachmaninoff

Rock:
Bruce Springsteen
Bon Jovi
Metallica

Merle Haggard
Emmy Lou Harris
George Strait

Jazz:
Kenny Dorham
Hank Mobley
Wes Montgomery
Have you heard the Emmy Lou Harris and Mark Knopfler album? It's so awesome (Road Running...All the Road Running...something like that.) Really great stuff.
BearMountainBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 01:42 PM   #42
Luffy
Wizard
Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
The Beatles
Yoko Kanno
Nirvana
Luffy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
asking alexandria, bring me the horizon, five finger death punch, music