Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-06-2015, 07:53 PM   #16
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
TX Pidgeon...

OK getting back to the Original Thread question! Mine is WiFi Only with Firmware 5.3.7.2 Except for the No Speakers No Button BTW mine has Cloud which works great compared to my K3!
What other differences in the Old [mine] & New are there?
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 03:44 AM   #17
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
I purchased this USED! It don't have any Guides! IF you would have read my post before the advice Harry you would have know that! BTW there is Not even a Guide on it either!
Download it. You've used Kindles more than long enough to know that the User Guide is in your Cloud account. The User Guide for a device will appear in the Cloud as soon as you register the device to your account. It's a lot better to find out about a device by reading the User Guide than by asking here.

Last edited by HarryT; 01-07-2015 at 03:54 AM.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2015, 03:57 AM   #18
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Harry Please READ my post! TX
Old 01-07-2015, 08:47 AM   #19
haydnfan
Guru
haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 4, Oasis 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
I thought Kindle had gone to a Lord of the Rings period with orgs.
I'm pretty sure this is not English. Was I supposed to understand what this means?

About the user guide, whenever you register a kindle whether new or used it downloads a users guide. No excuse to not read it. It does not take long. Of course I read manuals for anything I buy that includes one.
haydnfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 09:20 AM   #20
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by haydnfan View Post
I'm pretty sure this is not English. Was I supposed to understand what this means?
I think it was a pun. orgs -> orcs.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2015, 10:41 AM   #21
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Harry Please READ my post! TX
Katie, did you register the Touch to your account? If you did, then the user guide should have appeared in the cloud so that you can download it to your device. If you did not register it to your account, then you can download the user guide to your computer by using Pigeon92's link which takes you to a list of the User Guides for every Kindle ever made. This is a link where you can download the guide for your specific model: http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=201216830

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 07:29 PM   #22
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

I purchased it & reg it to my account on Sunday as I type this the Guide still has not appeared in the cloud or device. I trying to read the PDF on my PC ugh! TX to another member at least giving me that link I did look but never found it Figured with the age Amazon did an update & took off the older ones. I had found the Guides for the Newer ones. Another reason for the Thread figured if Basicly they Were the same I could use the New Touch Guide & I need to know what the differences were so I know what to Ignore.
Old 01-08-2015, 01:37 PM   #23
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
You could sideload the PDF of the manual onto the Kindle.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 04:37 PM   #24
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

Didn't know Kindles read PDF....
Old 01-08-2015, 05:47 PM   #25
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Didn't know Kindles read PDF....
The K2 was able to read PDF by November, 2009, as have all Kindles since.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 03:06 AM   #26
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
I thought that too but nope nothing nada I had it since Sunday so Figure its been Lost in Space

Also I not sure when the original person purchased it. I know a batch of Touch came out Nov 2013 along with the K3 [I got the K3 ] But don't know if this was in that batch or an older one. Anyway to tell? Figured at that point Amazon stopped supplying a guide.
Here's a link to the PDF documents ...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=200317150

(At this point I can't find the AZW document?)
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 03:32 AM   #27
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
I purchased this USED! It don't have any Guides! IF you would have read my post before the advice Harry you would have know that! BTW there is Not even a Guide on it either!
Do you know what firmware version you're running? It seems to me that I got newest User Guide (version 3) when I upgraded my software. (There may be reasons not to upgrade, so I would hold off before doing so to make sure it's what you want to do.)
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 09:47 PM   #28
zebradude
Addict
zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See Signature
Quote:
The Old org touch & the New Touch Basic..... Please compare
I love the old Kindle touch. I have 3G on mine as well as the lighted cover. The cover is powered via the Touch!

It does Audiobooks and it will read out loud selected non-audiobooks!
zebradude is offline   Reply With Quote