Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-20-2014, 11:39 PM   #316
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
In the current firmware, if the book has annotations, the menu for the book in the library list will have "Annotations" as an item.

As to the Kindle preview feature, I don't know what it is, so I don't know if the Kobo devices have it or not. But, I suspect they don't.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 05:56 AM   #317
Jet7
Jet7 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Hey. Is it possible to make a downloaded not from their store books work properly? I mostly mean auto translation by tapping. Can't even find the legal books in the root.
Thx in advance^^.
Jet7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 08:32 AM   #318
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet7 View Post
Hey. Is it possible to make a downloaded not from their store books work properly? I mostly mean auto translation by tapping. Can't even find the legal books in the root.
From my testing the browser will download any format that I have tried with no problems. The extension has to be set to a type the device can handle before it will do anything. Then, when you select the download link it will prompt whether you want to download the file. If you answer yes, it will download the file in the background. When finished, it prompts you whether to open the book or simply save it. In either case, the book is put in the root directory of the device and added to the library.

The only problem I can think of is that if you cancel the download at the first prompt, the downloads will not work at all until you restart the browser.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 09:02 AM   #319
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Do remember that if the book is ADE DRM protected that you can't download directly from a store; the direct download will just get an ACSM file that has to be processed via ADE to get the actual ePub.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 05:26 AM   #320
Maida
Enthusiast
Maida began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura, Kobo Glo HD
Cool

Whenever I transfer ebooks from Calibre to KOBO H2O they are converted to kepub, even if I explicitely choose the epub format in the options of the driver.
What am I doing wrong?
Maida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 06:08 AM   #321
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Deactivate the Kobo Touch Extended driver....
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 01:59 PM   #322
PatrickTC
PatrickTC can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsPatrickTC can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsPatrickTC can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsPatrickTC can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsPatrickTC can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsPatrickTC can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsPatrickTC can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsPatrickTC can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsPatrickTC can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsPatrickTC can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsPatrickTC can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: Kobo - Mini, Glo, Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Deactivate the Kobo Touch Extended driver....
... and restart Calibre. Whenever I activate/deactivate it, I have to do that for it to take effect.

I load anything with pictures, maps, etc., on as BOTH a kepub AND an epub; but everything else I just load straight epub...

Kobo's image viewer IS useful!
PatrickTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 12:48 PM   #323
outlandos
Connoisseur
outlandos doesn't litteroutlandos doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maida View Post
Whenever I transfer ebooks from Calibre to KOBO H2O they are converted to kepub, even if I explicitely choose the epub format in the options of the driver.
What am I doing wrong?
Out of curiosity, why is epub preferrerd over kepub?
outlandos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 03:51 AM   #324
Maida
Enthusiast
Maida began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by outlandos View Post
I preferred epub because ofa better hyphenation. But now, with firmware 3.16 things changed since hyphenation dramatically improved, so I changed over to kepubs which offer more options.
Maida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 01:27 AM   #325
cramoisi
Librarian
cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: kobo gloHD - KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by outlandos View Post
I was kepub too until 3.16, the hyphenation (in french) is now all correct and they are on pair in terms of pages turning. The kepubs have stats, etc. but after a certain time I found myself not care about it at all. I bought the device to read and everything which is not reading takes less and less importance to me after a time - like the screensaver since I bought a sleepcover

Last edited by cramoisi; 06-23-2015 at 01:29 AM.
cramoisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 06:34 AM   #326
mike_i
mike_i began at the beginning.

Device: Axim51v, Reb1100, Franklin EbookMan, etc....
Question

Hi!

I used to tune "Kobo eReader.conf" on Kobo Aura H20 and turn on hyphenation for epub files. It worked great until I had to do factory reset for problematic upgrade to 3.17.

Now I can't find the proper config string for this. Help, please
mike_i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 05:54 PM   #327
bentleymaniac
Enthusiast
bentleymaniac began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duiker View Post
Yep, that works. It's slow and painful but it works.
Anyone know of a shortcut to 'skip to the end' rather then going to the last chapter and then page by page?
you can use the location slider within the book, or just find the book in your library>books select options (long press) and click "mark as finished"
bentleymaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 06:03 AM   #328
Frolosse
Frolosse began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Does anyone knows how to disable the "recommended" books tile appearing in the main screen ? Which address do I have to block? Option to disable ?

Thank you very much
Frolosse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 06:18 AM   #329
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Long press on a tile, dismiss tile.
another way is by calibre [GUI Plugin] Kobo Utilities.
oren64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 09:15 AM   #330
Frolosse
Frolosse began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by oren64 View Post
Long press on a tile, dismiss tile.
another way is by calibre [GUI Plugin] Kobo Utilities.
Yes I can dismiss it but I want to make it to never appear on my screen. I use Kobo Utilies but I did not know that I could do that with it. Thanks
Frolosse is offline   Reply With Quote