Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-30-2006, 11:47 AM   #1
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Borders to exclude Sony Reader from future coupons

I have received some clarification of the usage of Border's coupons with regard to purchasing the Sony Reader. The information comes from the Category Manager at Borders, responsible for managing the Sony Reader.

Here are the two relevant points:

* Any future coupons will exclude the Sony Reader
* There have never been available coupons and discounts for the Sony Connect card and there will not be going forward. (These are like gift cards in that they are never offered at a discount.)

While they are not aware of any Border's coupons that exist and which don't exclude the Sony Reader, they said that any such unexpired valid coupons would be honored.

And, finally, they also indicated that sales of the Sony Reader are doing very well. Specifically, "sales have been very brisk and have exceeded expectations." I'd love to be able to pass on some specific sales numbers for the Reader, but while everyone seems to be smiling about it, nobody is talking.
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 11:52 AM   #2
Nightwing
Addict
Nightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enough

Device: Cowon A2 Dell x3i, Sony Reader & Eee PC!
Tnks for the info...

Sony, Apple really dont like to have a discount. But keep the playing field even for their retailers.

Starting to feel like a great move with bad reviewers but the people have figured out its
pretty darn good.
Nightwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2006, 12:06 PM   #3
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Then there was this film critic in a local paper. Every film he panned, I loved. Every film he loved I felt like walking out from. A lot of reviewers are like that -- 180 degrees off from my reality.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 12:11 PM   #4
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Counter Indicators. Just as good as regular indicators, once you know that's what they are.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 12:18 PM   #5
ThomWill
Enthusiast
ThomWill is on a distinguished road

Device: PRS-500 (Sony Reader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Russell
And, finally, they also indicated that sales of the Sony Reader are doing very well. Specifically, "sales have been very brisk and have exceeded expectations." I'd love to be able to pass on some specific sales numbers for the Reader, but while everyone seems to be smiling about it, nobody is talking.

I was back at the Borders where I got my reader last night and it looked as though they had sold most of their stock in the last few weeks.
ThomWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2006, 12:25 PM   #6
radleyp
Evangelist
radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle Global, iphone4, ipad
I have been to three different Borders in the past 4 weeks, and all still have readers in stock. Borders must have had pretty low sales expectations, but then I doubt they ordered many.
radleyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 12:48 PM   #7
Nightwing
Addict
Nightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood
Then there was this film critic in a local paper. Every film he panned, I loved. Every film he loved I felt like walking out from. A lot of reviewers are like that -- 180 degrees off from my reality.

Still remember StarWars.. Was paned by the bulk of the critics but we all know what happen after that.
Old 11-30-2006, 12:49 PM   #8
Nightwing
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by radleyp
I have been to three different Borders in the past 4 weeks, and all still have readers in stock. Borders must have had pretty low sales expectations, but then I doubt they ordered many.
At least they have a display for it.
Old 11-30-2006, 03:11 PM   #9
Leaping Gnome
Evangelist
Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
Yeah, with fire extinguishers standing by.
Leaping Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 04:31 PM   #10
Nightwing
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaping Gnome
Yeah, with fire extinguishers standing by.
I like the display. Even with the fire extinguisher!