Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-08-2024, 02:18 PM   #1
Frogm4n
Zealot
Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
The Oasis is out of stock on Amazon US, again.

Interesting that it went out just before or during the Valentine's Day sales. I don't see any combo of color/storage/ads that is currently available. Every time it does this I hope for it to be finally replaced or just killed off.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GRSK3HC
Frogm4n is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2024, 03:37 PM   #2
deleted2
Member Retired
deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: N/A
The 32 gigs model is still available in Canada.
deleted2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-08-2024, 04:04 PM   #3
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claude_C View Post
The 32 gigs model is still available in Canada.
Still available in the US, too. The 8GB is sold out.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2024, 04:35 PM   #4
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogm4n View Post
Every time it does this I hope for it to be finally replaced or just killed off.
In the case of it not being replaced, what is it to you whether or not it is killed off?
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2024, 04:55 PM   #5
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
In the case of it not being replaced, what is it to you whether or not it is killed off?
As far as a replacement device, the Oasis 3 is coming up on 5 years old—if I remember correctly, the Oasis 3 was originally released in the summer of 2019—perhaps @Frogm4n is hoping to see an new version of the Oasis or a replacement device. Probably with the usual shopping list of hopes for a better CPU, more memory, more storage, better battery, support for WiFi 6 or 7, Bluetooth 5.3, digitizer, etc. Other than the buttons, most people seem to consider the 6.8" Paperwhite as having a better display and lower cost.

As for hoping that it is killed off? That I really don't understand since to me, it's no skin off my nose if Amazon continues selling the Oasis 3.

Last edited by DNSB; 02-08-2024 at 04:58 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-08-2024, 05:05 PM   #6
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I didn't question whether it might be "(over)due" for replacement.
Old 02-08-2024, 07:27 PM   #7
deleted2
Member Retired
deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Still available in the US, too. The 8GB is sold out.
Well, Frogm4n's link on Amazon US, both models are unavailable. I don't know if the 32 or 8b gigs are available sometimes or not in the US.
Old 02-08-2024, 07:42 PM   #8
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Interesting. When I look at Amazon.ca, the Oasis 3 32GB Wifi shows as "Currently unavailable. We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock." while the 8GB model shows as temporarily out of stock. The Oasis 3 32GB with cellular does show as in stock. Amazon.co.uk shows all three models but since no shipping to Canada, can't tell availability.

When I look at Amazon.com, their search does not bring up an Oasis model. Using Google to search, all three domestic models show the "Currently unavailable. We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock." Ditto for the international models.
Old 02-08-2024, 08:03 PM   #9
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer

Searching on "oasis" and "kindle oasis" in the kindle staore on amazon.com from inside US and logged in only does not give any device results. Searching on paperwhite does turn up some international Oases, but clicking on the link gives "cannot be shipped to your delivery location".

I'm guessing the Oasis is discontinued but some new old stock may be in the pipeline. I'm also guessing that it has been discontinued for a while and they've been waiting for the supply to drain on its own without having clearance sales.

I'm hoping "kindle with buttons" does not RIP, but that consumer demand revives them as was done with the Voyage.
Old 02-08-2024, 08:46 PM   #10
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5 [bricked], Kindle PW1
What would you search for Kindle devices when there static links like amazon.com/kindle, amazon.com/kindlepaperwhite, amazon.com/kindlepaperwhitekids, amazon.com/kindleoasis and amazon.com/kindlescribe that then redirect the user to the latest version of that particular Kindle model?

The same type of static URLs also exist for Amazon DE.

Last edited by shamanNS; 02-08-2024 at 08:49 PM.
shamanNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2024, 08:52 PM   #11
deleted2
Member Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Interesting. When I look at Amazon.ca, the Oasis 3 32GB Wifi shows as "Currently unavailable. We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock." while the 8GB model shows as temporarily out of stock. The Oasis 3 32GB with cellular does show as in stock. Amazon.co.uk shows all three models but since no shipping to Canada, can't tell availability.

When I look at Amazon.com, their search does not bring up an Oasis model. Using Google to search, all three domestic models show the "Currently unavailable. We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock." Ditto for the international models.
You're right. I didn't notice it was the 32 gigs free cellular model that was available in Canada. Probably the one people buy the least.
Old 02-08-2024, 08:52 PM   #12
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Perhaps that I live in a different country and I have little to no interest in purchasing a replacement for my Paperwhite 10th gen.? And how many people would have those URLs memorized?

And that does not explain why Amazon's search does not show Oasis models. My first search on Amazon.com came up with a Kobo Libra 2 followed by a Paperwhite, Paperwhite Signature and then Kindle basic.
Old 02-08-2024, 09:38 PM   #13
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Perhaps that I live in a different country and I have little to no interest in purchasing a replacement for my Paperwhite 10th gen.? And how many people would have those URLs memorized?

And that does not explain why Amazon's search does not show Oasis models. My first search on Amazon.com came up with a Kobo Libra 2 followed by a Paperwhite, Paperwhite Signature and then Kindle basic.
Because the Oasis is currently unavailable. You have to do the search and then slect the option to see out of stock items.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2024, 04:03 AM   #14
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Amazon search frequently gives results for things that are not at all available or don't ship here.
Also frequently I find and sometimes buy items after others giving a link, or finding it on DuckDuckGo or on a different Amazon Marketplace and edit the URL and those items don't appear on an Amazon search.
Amazon search has been broken for ages.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2024, 05:55 AM   #15
drofgnal
Wizard
drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad Pro/Kindle Oasis 3/iPhone 13 Pro Max
My Oasis 3 is still going strong and I’d feel no compelling reason to upgrade even if they came out with a new one.
drofgnal is offline   Reply With Quote