Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-28-2014, 01:55 PM   #1381
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@pghaworth: Yup, can't remember why I left that as always on, but basically you see it once during boot, and the message is relevant to the actual configuration (i.e., cover mode or not).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 02:52 PM   #1382
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker
pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD
Thanks!
pghaworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-28-2014, 09:01 PM   #1383
hokagetonton
hokagetonton began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 4nt, kindle touch
@NiLuJe - I have sent a few books to the device from calibre and set my time right though I have already checked the amazon forums and the manual yet it doesn't seem like you can change the date, you can only change the time.

Though none of the books are working and its not displaying them, any more possibility's?
hokagetonton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 09:16 PM   #1384
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@hokagetonton: Possibly, but I'm betting on messed up date . To put the matter to rest, PM me some system logs (enter ;dm in the Homescreen's search bar, the relevant logfile is the system one), and one of the affected books [pulled from the device itself, and not your Calibre library], and I'll take a look at it in details .
Old 12-02-2014, 01:57 PM   #1385
kelvinleungaz
kelvinleungaz began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2 (5.6.1, JB)
I have the same problem. I JB my PW2 @ firmware 5.4.5.1, the screensaver works perfect. But the device automatically updated to 5.6.1 just now. and the SS doesn't work anymore. I see image files in the backups folder, so I delete them all, restart, still has the Amazon default images for SS. I'm able to launch KUAL, Play with the SS settings, restart framework now, etc. Still not working.

The first four character of the serial number is 9017.

many thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Your post says: "pw2" and your info box says: "kindle touch" - -
Which one are you talking about here?

- - - -

So try not ejecting the device - just do a restart using the power button (same as described for the "downgrade attack").

Don't expect any better results -
we expect all 5.6.x series firmware to have this sort of protections included.
including the killing of our active document hacks (no KUAL, no CM, ...) .

- - - -

Also, for our records of Lab126 challenges - what are the first four characters of your device's serial number?

- - - -

@NiLuJe: Just checked, and Amazon lists 5.6.1 as current for all three of the 2014 i.MX6 devices.

That: "edit first post when the time comes" -
The time has come.

- - - -

Guess I had better get back to work on that built-in serial port adapter / remote controller board this weekend.
kelvinleungaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-02-2014, 02:10 PM   #1386
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@kelvinleungaz: See the appropriate FAQ & Notice (OTA updates & FW 5.6.x) entries in the JailBreak thread.

And then reply with more details, (namely, what version of JB/Python/SS were you using before the update, and what have you reinstalled since?).
Old 12-02-2014, 02:24 PM   #1387
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
tl;dr -- you are screwed unless you have a JB version of at least 1.13, which is quite recent.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 03:57 PM   #1388
kelvinleungaz

I got my Kindle over the weekend. firmware was 5.4.5.1, I did the JB on 11/28 (1.13N), no Python, SS is 0.21.N (did it few hours ago). the autoupdate happened right after the SS install.

I did try to reinstall SS but unsuccessful, the "Upgrade" command is grey out.

thanks for the support

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@kelvinleungaz: See the appropriate FAQ & Notice (OTA updates & FW 5.6.x) entries in the JailBreak thread.

And then reply with more details, (namely, what version of JB/Python/SS were you using before the update, and what have you reinstalled since?).
Old 12-02-2014, 04:14 PM   #1389
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Oh, good -- so you aren't locked out of your own device.

Last edited by eschwartz; 12-02-2014 at 05:01 PM. Reason: typo
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 04:32 PM   #1390
kelvinleungaz

I'm able to launch KUAL and KOReader, that means the JB is still functioning. But SS does not work. Just tried to reinstall the latest JB v1.14.N, copy all the files to the root dir, but the "Update your Kindle" grey out. Restart Kindle, those files are still there except the .bin is gone. Remove those files, restart, redo the installation, same.

Here is a screenshot of the root directory in my PW2.
Old 12-02-2014, 04:35 PM   #1391
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelvinleungaz View Post
I got my Kindle over the weekend. firmware was 5.4.5.1, I did the JB on 11/28 (1.13N), no Python, SS is 0.21.N (did it few hours ago). the autoupdate happened right after the SS install.

I did try to reinstall SS but unsuccessful, the "Upgrade" command is grey out.

thanks for the support
You will need to install KUAL (per its intructions) and then the MRInstaller extension for KUAL and then reinstall SS hack through MRInstaller. It's very straight forward, just read the instructions carefully.
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 04:35 PM   #1392
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@kelvinleungaz: Expected behavior on FW 5.6.1, use MrPi (mmmh, pie!) to install your packages and that should do it .

EDIT: I'm asking for a refund on my keyboard. It's the FIRST TIME GOSHARKS ANSWERED FASTER THAN ME (spoiler: probably not)! ;D

EDIT²: Those ._* files are funky. Are you usually using OS X?

Last edited by NiLuJe; 12-02-2014 at 04:38 PM.
Old 12-02-2014, 04:38 PM   #1393
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
@NiLuJe-
This one I'm VERY familiar with!!
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 04:49 PM   #1394
kelvinleungaz

thanks! I'm using win 7 to browse, those ._* are hidden files.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@kelvinleungaz: Expected behavior on FW 5.6.1, use MrPi (mmmh, pie!) to install your packages and that should do it .

EDIT: I'm asking for a refund on my keyboard. It's the FIRST TIME GOSHARKS ANSWERED FASTER THAN ME (spoiler: probably not)! ;D

EDIT²: Those ._* files are funky. Are you usually using OS X?
Old 12-02-2014, 04:53 PM   #1395
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelvinleungaz View Post
I'm able to launch KUAL and KOReader, that means the JB is still functioning.
- - - -
**NO IT DOES NOT**
The JB only effects the installation of Mobileread packages.

That KUAL still works means that the JB was able to restore the installation of MKK.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle touch hacks, paperwhite, python, screensavers, touch