Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 10-23-2012, 08:57 AM   #1
Brianrh
Connoisseur
Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Background and Font Colours

I've been playing around with background and font colours in Moon+ Reader on my smartphone to get a comfortable combination. After reading with e ink devices which seem fairly natural to read with, LED displays always feel a bit awkward and not completely satisfying. Even black text on a white background doesn't seem to be that good.

I am contemplating getting a tablet to use as my main reading device plus other uses, but wonder if the colours can be adjusted to give the same reading experience as an e ink reader?

Have any of you come across this same situation and what colour combination did you end up with?

Brian
Brianrh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:02 AM   #2
Yapyap
Guru
Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad 3, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
In my experience, one can't get the same reading experience as with eInk due to the light intensity being so different on backlit devices (even with the lighting dialled down), but pretty much every reader application that I've tried on both my iPad and Android smartphone do offer some font/background selections.

Some ebook shop apps (Kindle and Kobo among them) offer only a very basic selection (black on white, black on sepia, white on black) - with those, if I use a backlit reader, I prefer black text on sepia background. Others offer full customisation (I'm fairly sure Aldiko does on Android), so you can choose whatever font/background combination you're most comfortable with, e.g. black text on off-white/grey background to get it to look more like eInk.
Yapyap is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert