Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 10-23-2012, 01:13 AM   #16
fratermus
e-bookworm
fratermus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fratermus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fratermus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fratermus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fratermus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fratermus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fratermus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fratermus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fratermus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fratermus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fratermus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2, K3, KF2, Touch (dying)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
I worked at a factory during the summer, and I used to read during breaks and at lunch. Sometimes it was so uncomfortable, I went to my car.
When I was fresh out of the army I worked at a factory in a rural area. Pretty low on the skill scale; we weren't doing anything very complex.

Anyhow, I was working my way through Crime and Punishment on breaks in the only break room. The paperback fit perfectly in my BDU pants cargo pocket.

Reading was difficult because onlooking cow-orkers (!) stopped chewing their cuds to ask if I was reading*, what I was reading, why the guy had such a long name, why I was "reading a communist", etc.

* uhh, no, just staring at each page for a minute then turning to the next page. {boggling}
fratermus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 06:17 AM   #17
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by dandelioncottage View Post
In 8th grade algebra class, with a novel hidden inside my textbook, trying not to get caught.
I was never able to get away with that. I am completely oblivious to my surroundings when reading.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-23-2012, 12:55 PM   #18
sneakyspider
Ereader Addicts Anonymous
sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (2)KO2, PW7thGen., KT2, iPadMini1
On the floor of a hallway outside a college classroom.
sneakyspider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:01 PM   #19
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
On an airplane sitting between two kids on a trip to Disney World. Didn't get much actual reading done, although the attempt was made.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:48 PM   #20
piperclassique
A garbling groftpot
piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis, Voyage, Kobo mini, Samsung tablet, phones, whatever.
UK commuter train, standing
piperclassique is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-23-2012, 01:52 PM   #21
curtw
Outside of a dog
curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
When was a student, I used to ride for 8 hours on Greyhound buses when traveling home on holidays. Vibrating windows, the stench, and that bulge at the top of each seat that pushes your head forward (who the heck thought that was a good idea?).
Ditto this. I've actually been on one of these rides, and after ~5 hours, decided that I might be more comfortable sitting on the floor (turns out I was).
curtw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 04:16 PM   #22
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
This doesn't work so well with e-readers (because of the contrast) and my old eyes, and probably wouldn't work at all with those tending to motion sickness, but when I was a wee thing I used to sit in the back seat of the car at night while my dad drove, and hold my book UP to the rear window so I could use the headlights of cars behind us /street lights to illuminate the book enough to read. Intermittently, because the readable-level of light came and went fast.
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 04:58 PM   #23
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
On an airplane sitting between two kids on a trip to Disney World. Didn't get much actual reading done, although the attempt was made.
Hopefully they were your kids.

/I get to do that trip next spring.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 05:22 PM   #24
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazrin View Post
Hopefully they were your kids.

/I get to do that trip next spring.
LOL, my niece and nephew. They're generally really good, but my nephew's not great on take off and landing and my niece gets bored when sitting too long.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 11:36 AM   #25
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joykins View Post
This doesn't work so well with e-readers (because of the contrast) and my old eyes, and probably wouldn't work at all with those tending to motion sickness, but when I was a wee thing I used to sit in the back seat of the car at night while my dad drove, and hold my book UP to the rear window so I could use the headlights of cars behind us /street lights to illuminate the book enough to read. Intermittently, because the readable-level of light came and went fast.
I remember doing that too. Looking at kids today I'm kind of impressed by my own patience at that age. Look what happens to a child playing on his PSP when the connection to internet is lost.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 12:12 PM   #26
drofgnal
Wizard
drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad Pro/Kindle Oasis 3/iPhone 13 Pro Max
I would definitely also say any airplane, except the few times I got first class upgrades.
drofgnal is offline   Reply With Quote