Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 10-19-2012, 05:25 AM   #1
Antoinekamel
Addict
Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ABC W p2
Post Why I like you

I like you because, in home and college, I'm considered sick because I read, and insane because I do it eletronically.

Here, I'm among equals. Thank you for making me feel normal.
Antoinekamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 07:12 AM   #2
owly
Guru
owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 2, Kobo Aura H2O
You're welcome :-)
owly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2012, 08:40 AM   #3
Rich_D
Fanatic
Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Kobo Glo HD, nook ST with Glo (backup)
I'm considered sick and insane too, but for entirely different reasons!
Rich_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 08:43 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich_D View Post
I'm considered sick and insane too, but for entirely different reasons!
I think it may have something to do with your being in a rubber room with other inmates.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:01 AM   #5
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
For those of us who aren't in the US and Canada where eReaders are more prevalent it is indeed a nice watering hole to come here and share.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2012, 11:59 AM   #6
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antoinekamel View Post
I like you because, in home and college, I'm considered sick because I read, and insane because I do it eletronically
The insane bit is hard to ignore, but it depends who is saying your sick, to some people that means you're cool!

Urban Dictionary - Sick

An adjective similar to cool referring to something that is either great or completely wrong.
1. Your awesome new skateboard is sick!
2. What you said to her was just plain sick.

Used by 'chavs' to state that somethings is good.

soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:47 PM   #7
supermighty
Groupie
supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libre 2
Now just imagine what they'd think of us if they knew what we were reading
supermighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 01:08 PM   #8
CallOfCth'reader
Cultist
CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo, Kobo Forma, Kindle DX
Reading is very normal; choosing not to read is not normal.
CallOfCth'reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 04:04 PM   #9
Antoinekamel
Addict
Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_macd View Post
The insane bit is hard to ignore, but it depends who is saying your sick, to some people that means you're cool!

Urban Dictionary - Sick

An adjective similar to cool referring to something that is either great or completely wrong.
1. Your awesome new skateboard is sick!
2. What you said to her was just plain sick.

Used by 'chavs' to state that somethings is good.

Macd, thank you for this breath. But, as portuguese speaker, what I mean with sick is invalid, ailly ill, full of maladies, and other definitions you may find in http://michaelis.uol.com.br/moderno/...palavra=doente

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermighty View Post
Now just imagine what they'd think of us if they knew what we were reading
That makes much sense, supermighty! Thank you for remembering of that worse overall picture! (I used to read pbooks, and know what it means to my colleagues be catched reading even a simple Kafka in law college.)
Old 10-19-2012, 05:34 PM   #10
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
That makes much sense, supermighty! Thank you for remembering of that worse overall picture! (I used to read pbooks, and know what it means to my colleagues be catched reading even a simple Kafka in law college.)
A reader of Kafka in Law School?!
Are you sure you're pursuing the right profession for you?
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 05:52 PM   #11
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I don't like anyone either here or anywhere else on the net. In fact I don't like anyone anywhere. I thrive when ostracized and nourish my mind with books.
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 05:54 PM   #12
DustyDisks
Old Fart In Training
DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3+3g/KFHD 7"/Nexus 7/Nexus 7.2
I am attracted to wormy places!

That caters to the magical "Looking Glass" world of the book worm.

Seems like there are some mighty fine ones that hang out at this "Joint"!

DustyDisks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 08:59 PM   #13
Antoinekamel
Addict

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
A reader of Kafka in Law School?!
Are you sure you're pursuing the right profession for you?
Thanks for the question. I always liked reading, fjtorres. Unfortunately, reading for pleasure is not a profession, so I chose something to get money from, it was Law, and I really think it was the best I could do (after trying computing science and marketing).

I am an alive example of what Ziraldo* once said: "Studying is important. Reading is more important than studying."

* Ziraldo is a famous Brazilian cartoonist, creator of "Menino Maluquinho" ("nutty boy").
___

No, I do not read old greeks, nor Joyce. I am really not a cult reader.
Old 10-19-2012, 09:51 PM   #14
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
I always liked reading, fjtorres. Unfortunately, reading for pleasure is not a profession, so I chose something to get money from, it was Law, and I really think it was the best I could do (after trying computing science and marketing).
Quote:
"If you can't make a living at what you love, learn to love something you can make a living at."
I understand the need, but it is a tough choice to spend so much time surrounded by lawyers. Mind you, I've spent a lifetime surrounded by engineers, but at least you find a lot of SF readers in those circles. Weirdos but the right kind of weirdos.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 03:06 AM   #15
janet88
janet88 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by CallOfCth'reader View Post
Reading is very normal; choosing not to read is not normal.
agree !
janet88 is offline   Reply With Quote