Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 10-11-2012, 04:54 PM   #16
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
We've always been a Sony Reader family, all the way from my first PRS-500 way back when. I also read on my iPaq PDA back then, and still read on it at the gym - I keep waiting for it to die from sweat, but it hasn't yet!

I've branched out since then, and I have a Nook ST, a Kindle keyboard, and a Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 Plus, in addition to my PRS-T1, but the rest of the family is pretty much Sony, all (husband, son, father) on PRS-300's which I gave them (and maintain), except for my lone cousin who has one of those basic Kindles.

And, with all of those e-readers floating around, I still read mostly on my Galaxy S2...
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 06:27 PM   #17
Chi Cygni
秋子 permanently lurking
Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Pocketbook Era

I have a family of ereaders (3, had 4) and tablets (2) and they multiply!

back on topic
All but one are my prrrrrreciousssssss. Husband borrows either Kindle or Cybook Opus while on holiday once a year and my 5 year old occassionally "reads" interactive book on ipad. He has a lot of pbooks though.

Last edited by Chi Cygni; 10-11-2012 at 06:33 PM. Reason: bah!
Chi Cygni is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-11-2012, 06:48 PM   #18
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
3 Sony, one Bookeen .
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 07:07 PM   #19
Sonny Blount
Enthusiast
Sonny Blount doesn't litterSonny Blount doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo. iPad, iPhone
Devices connected to our family Kindle account: (we've have an unloved Kobo as well)

######'s 7th Kindle Serial Number: B011
Angela's Kindle Serial Number: B00E
Brent's Kindle Serial Number: B008
Gerard's Kindle Serial Number: B00A
K's Kindle Serial Number: B008
Margaret's Kindle Serial Number: B008
Nicky's Kindle Serial Number: B00E
Val's Kindle Serial Number: B008

######'s Kindle Cloud Reader
######'s Kindle for PC
######'s Kindle for PC 2
######'s Kindle for PC 3
Angela's iPad
Angela's iPad 2
Angela's iPhone
Heidi's iPhone
iPhone 3
Louis' iPod
Sonny Blount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:11 AM   #20
applesauce
Addict
applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle oasis
I have a kindle touch
my husband a tablet
my daughter a kobo touch

I have brought mu sister a kobo touch for christmas, she is so against ebook readers, I plan to turn her to the dark side and have spent the last few months collecting impossible to find in print here true crime ebooks. Her favorit fix, I am sooooo evil hehehehe I will convert her

applesauce
applesauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-12-2012, 09:55 AM   #21
lioslaith
Zealot
lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505, Kindle, Kobo Vox/Glo, Nook
I started the reader addiction in my family:

Me - Sony PRS-505 (2009) Kindle Keyboard 3G (2010) Kobo Vox (2011) Kindle Touch (2012) and my latest is Kobo Glo (as of last Friday).

Mum - 'joint custody' Sony PRS-505 (2009) Elonex (2009 - Now departed after youngest nephew played around with buttons too much) Imagin Reader (2009 backlit colour LCD reader) Kindle Keyboard Wifi (2010) and Kobo Touch (2011).

My sister-in-law has a Kindle Keyboard 3G one after my brother asked for suggestions for Xmas 2010. So my fault again!!

My Dad would love one but can only 'read' audio books due to being legally blind.
lioslaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:39 PM   #22
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
Well, my dad and my mom have Kindles - I think Mom has the K3, and Dad the K4. Dad also has an ipad. My brother and little sister's respective families all are ipad families. My older sister has a K3, but I don't know how much (or if) she uses it.

In our family, my son and husband both have k4s. I've got a K3, a K4 that I got on too good a sale to resist, and a Sony 350. I'm seriously looking at the Paperwhite, but ghu only knows what I'll do with my K3 if I get one. I think it *is* possible to have too many ereaders. I might sell my extra k4 if I get the paperwhite, but I want to keep the Sony as an epub reader (even though I use Calibre and The Tools so I can convert at will)
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:22 PM   #23
AlbertaCowboy
Guru
AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, PRS-650, iPhone 6, NVIDIA Shield K1
Yep, all Sonys.
Me-PRS-650
Wife-PRS-350
Sister- PRS-T1
Dad- PRS-600
Brother- PRS-650
Mom- PRS-650.
AlbertaCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:06 PM   #24
megthered
Connoisseur
megthered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.megthered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.megthered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.megthered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.megthered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.megthered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.megthered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.megthered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.megthered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.megthered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.megthered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 10.1, Galaxy Note 8.0, Nook HD
I have a Samsung Galaxy note 10.1, my son got my Nook tablet, my husband has a Nook ST, my brother has a Nook tablet and his gf has a Kindle 2.
megthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:30 PM   #25
moyogi2
ereader apprentice guru
moyogi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moyogi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moyogi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moyogi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moyogi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moyogi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moyogi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moyogi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moyogi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moyogi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moyogi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Sony PRS-T1, Sony 300 (so far)
I started my family off - first my Kindle K3, then one for my wife, then Sony T1 for my daughter, Sony 350 for me, my Mom, and my Aunt, Dad uses a Kobo, Mother in law a Kindle 4, Sister a kindle K3. I also use my Android phone. I started it all, and I support them all.
moyogi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 11:56 PM   #26
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
We certainly do...
Myself; Sony PRS-300, PRS-650, PRS-T1, iPad2
My Bride; Kindle K3, Jetbook Lite x 2, iPad2
Daughter; No.2 Sony PRS-300 (gifted by my wife and I for a Xmas present last year)
Son-in-Law; Kobo original (gifted by myself for a Christmas present last year)

Both our sons and youngest/eldest daughters are not interested in ebooks yet, preferring dead trees.
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 05:52 AM   #27
shanghaichica
Guru
shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe,Kindle Oasis 3, iPad Pro 11, iPhone 13 Pro Max,iPad mini 6, PW5
Nope its only me. In fact out of my family and close friends I'm the only one who has an ereader. I am also the biggest reader in the family. My mum and cousin do read the odd novel but they only read during their commute to work.
shanghaichica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 06:26 AM   #28
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
I wish....family of 6 here, and only my 9 yo daughter enjoys ereading. My boys prefer paper books, my youngest one is only 6, so she likes to play games on the Nook Color. My 9 yo has an Aluratek Libre Color, and also can share my Paperwhite, or read on the NC (she likes lighted screens, not unlighted e-ink). All the other ereaders are mine....I certainly have enough for everyone LOL. I do share my Fire 1 with my girls. My eink family consists of 2 Sony T1's, 2 Kindle Keyboards, and the above mentioned paperwhite.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 12:04 PM   #29
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
My roommate now has my K3 and he's family so yes.

My mom is in Florida and she's very much a garage sale / swap with friends reader. If she expresses an interest I will talk her out of it because there's no one near her to provide assistance with ereaders / ebooks.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:21 AM   #30
CommonReader
Fanatic
CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, PRS-650, Vaio Tap 11, iPad Mini
Me: PRS-650
Wife: PRS-300 + iPad 2
Daughter (11): Cybook Opus
Son (8): none yet but may get Kobo mini for Christmas
Sister- PRS-T1
CommonReader is offline   Reply With Quote