Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-28-2006, 03:52 PM   #1
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
New publishers in CONNECT store

Sniped from the AnimeOnDvd forum:
Quote:
We are expanding with Iris Print this week followed by TP PopFiction Drawn & Quarterly next week.
I'm not sure who "we" is, but here are the sites of the abovementioned:
Iris Print: http://www.boyslovebooks.com/
TokyoPop PopFiction: http://www.tokyopop.com/popfiction/
Drawn & Quarterly: http://www.drawnandquarterly.com/

P.S. Do we have somewhere a current list of publishers on board?
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 04:01 PM   #2
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Publishers on board since earlier this year:
  • Penguin-Putnam
  • Simon and Schuster
  • Random House
  • HarperCollins
  • Hachette Book Group USA
  • Holtzbrinck Publishers
  • TOKYOPOP

New publishers working with Sony to provide titles in the future:
  • Hyperion
  • McGraw-Hill Professional
  • Cambridge University Press
  • Harlequin Enterprises Limited
  • National Geographic
  • Kensington Publishing
  • Regnery Publishing
  • and others...
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2006, 04:09 PM   #3
da_jane
Evangelist
da_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enough

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 | Kindle Paperwhite | iPad Mini
TokyoPop is being distributed by HarperCollins. They do Manga, primarily focusing on young girl readership. Meg Cabot, of the Princess Diaries, is getting some of her books Manga-ized.
da_jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 04:16 PM   #4
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I hadn't heard of TokyoPop until I went to San Diego and met Tony Salvaggio, who co-wrote the manga PSY-COMM. You can peek into a few pages of the book at Amazon, I think. It looks really good. I hope that one ends up on the Reader. I may end up, to my great surprise, becoming a manga fan!

BTW, lest you start to wonder about me, let me point out that this particular one is does not appear to be aimed at an audience of young girls!
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 10:19 PM   #5
da_jane
Evangelist
da_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enough

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 | Kindle Paperwhite | iPad Mini
My DH is a huge Manga fan and I thought about him in regards to the Sony eReader. He uses the IPAQ right now which is not usable for Manga but he wants to wait and see. He was disturbed by the lack of backlight. I hope Borders gets them in during October. I have that 10% off!!!
da_jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-09-2007, 12:58 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Tokyopop is now famous for doing Star Trek Manga. And they have coming out Star Trek Manga 2.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 04:32 PM   #7
Gibbo
Guru
Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab A (2019) - iPhone 11 - KA1 - Onyx Boox Nova Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Tokyopop is now famous for doing Star Trek Manga. And they have coming out Star Trek Manga 2.
Cool didn't know but it, I'm a huge Star Trek fan
Gibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 05:03 PM   #8
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
If Sony added Leisure Publishers to its list, I would buy every single horror title.

...and I mean EVERY TITLE.

Leisure had a type of book club you could join so that every time a new horror book came out, you would get it.

Make that available as an ebook (what was it, 2 per month?), and I'll fork over an entire amount for a subscription. I'll do it right now, Sony. Hello, Sony? Hello? Sony?

Sorry....no one's there.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 11:13 PM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
Cool didn't know but it, I'm a huge Star Trek fan
Connect does have a number of Star Trek titles. I've been reading some of the ones I've purchased from Simonsays.com on my reader. Had to convert them to LRF first though. Bought them in LIT. Like the SCE/CoE series and the Mere Anarchy series. I still have the last book in the Mere Anarchy series to purchase and most of the CoE series once I finish the SCE series.

By the way, did you download the Star Trek book I have up in the forum written by a real author (not a fan work).
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote