Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 10-22-2012, 01:04 AM   #16
CallOfCth'reader
Cultist
CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo, Kobo Forma, Kindle DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kralik View Post
... After researching a bit I settles on the Kandle II. It illuminates the whole screen of my NST.... The Kandle II weighs about an ounce and doesn't require any real adjustment to light the whole screen. (Link)
For some reason, I was expecting the link to go to this version of the Kandle II: Link

Latest version of the Kandle Flex: Link
CallOfCth'reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:09 AM   #17
Kralik
Guru
Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rooted NST
Quote:
Originally Posted by CallOfCth'reader View Post
For some reason, I was expecting the link to go to this version of the Kandle II: Link

Nice, I need to try those!

Pros: Very aromatic, brings the nostalgic feel back to ereading...
Cons: Wax on my screen, smoke irritates my eyes...

Kralik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:23 AM   #18
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
I much prefer a reader with a built in light, like the Paperwhite or Nook Glow Light. For years I have been using clip on lights with my Kindles and I never found one that I was completely satisfied with. I have the Paperwhite now and despite the color hue problem, I still find I prefer using it over using a clip on light.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 11:27 AM   #19
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
I have a m-Edge for my Sony T1. I really like it; however, I love my PW for night reading. It is absolutely marvelous to read in the dark. You do not have to worry about disturbing your significant other if you share a bed. All you need to do is find the light level that you are more comfortable with. It provides a more even lighting than a clip on.

It is good having a choice, though. I still use the T1 outside and it is my travel reader (it's lighter), but I use the PW in all other instances and am loving it.
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 12:57 PM   #20
MrDoug
Banned
MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad - Kobo Glo - Nook Glo - Samsung Galaxy Note II
Quote:
Originally Posted by jersysman View Post
I have a m-Edge for my Sony T1. I really like it; however, I love my PW for night reading. It is absolutely marvelous to read in the dark. You do not have to worry about disturbing your significant other if you share a bed. All you need to do is find the light level that you are more comfortable with. It provides a more even lighting than a clip on.

It is good having a choice, though. I still use the T1 outside and it is my travel reader (it's lighter), but I use the PW in all other instances and am loving it.
I sure am glad you got a good one.. You Lucky Dog.. Mine at night in bed with lights out in room is very, very Blotchy.. very bad at bottom.. my Nook Glo is not as contrasty but very evenly lit, so I will hang on to Nook... I returned mine to BB this AM.. will try another on when Amazon gets the BUGS out... which I'm sure they will..
MrDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 11:00 AM   #21
mycurlylocks
Addict
mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
I decided to order a Mighty Bright Hammerhead light. It's primarily used for music stands and crafts, but with 6 LED in it, it should be interesting. Might be overkill.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/193...ls_o00_s01_i00
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	418LlnrSWnL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	9.3 KB
ID:	94829  
mycurlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:49 PM   #22
shanghaichica
Guru
shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe,Kindle Oasis 3, iPad Pro 11, iPhone 13 Pro Max,iPad mini 6, PW5
I prefer using a front lit device. Not just because it is more convenient but the lighting is more even and not as harsh or bright as a clip on light or even lights built into cases. Also front lit devices are handy if you are in daylight/ daytime but lighting is not optimal. I would feel a bit silly whipping out a clip on light or using the light in a built in case but have no qualms about turning on the light of my Kobo glo at a low setting.
shanghaichica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:55 PM   #23
shanghaichica
Guru
shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallOfCth'reader View Post

I've got one of those. Its the best clip on light I've seen. Probably better than the cases with built in lights I've got for my kindle touch and keyboard.
Old 10-24-2012, 02:12 PM   #24
Kralik
Guru
Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rooted NST
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanghaichica View Post
I've got one of those. Its the best clip on light I've seen. Probably better than the cases with built in lights I've got for my kindle touch and keyboard.
Which one do you have, Kandle II or Kandle Flex?
Kralik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 07:29 PM   #25
NickyWithNook
Guru
NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite (Don't use Nook anymore)
I got a clip LED light. I got the Barnes and Noble Nook Stella light. It works great. I don't have to worry about the damage I've heard about with Glow screens. And it's a lot cheaper to replace a light than a whole unit. And I can clip it on my Kindle too.
NickyWithNook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 11:37 PM   #26
MrsAmandaK
Nerdy and I know it ;)
MrsAmandaK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsAmandaK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsAmandaK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsAmandaK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsAmandaK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsAmandaK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsAmandaK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsAmandaK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsAmandaK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsAmandaK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsAmandaK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Better question is what DOESN'T this family have?! Current: Kindle PW
I have a case for my Nook ST that has a built in light.

At first I liked it, but really it has very uneven lighting and in the dark I need to leave it on the lowest setting otherwise it's too bright and bothers my eyes. Plus there is the issue of it getting turned on (it has a light touch sensor on the top - no buttons) and it frequently gets turned on even when just in the drawer (Or when my 2 year old gets a hold of it.) so the batteries seem to run down very quickly especially when I read for a few hours at a time several days in a row.

I would stick with your ST Glow or PW (if you can get another). I am still on the fence about which one to purchase - I love my ST now but I am worried the lighting is too uneven on the Glow.
MrsAmandaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 06:01 AM   #27
shanghaichica
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kralik View Post
Which one do you have, Kandle II or Kandle Flex?
I have the Original Kandle.
Old 10-25-2012, 08:15 AM   #28
Rich_D
Fanatic
Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Kobo Glo HD, nook ST with Glo (backup)
Currently I use an m-edge eluminator LED. I prefer it because it doesn't clip on to the reader, it slides behind. One of the turn buttons on my nook ST is starting to act up and I've been debating on switching to a glow unit or sticking with the plain ST. I've heard of a lot of issues with the nook Glow developing hot spots, and I'm kind of rough with my reader. I've heard of the color issue with the Kindle and it doesn't have physical buttons, so I'm going to buy another ST and keep my light.
Rich_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 02:17 PM   #29
CatherineStewart
Mom, Wife, Reader!
CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura One
I much prefer the Glo. Was so happy to ditch my clip-on LED!
CatherineStewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 06:47 PM   #30
Mostly Math
Groupie
Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (loaned out), KoboTouch (given away), KoboVox, KoboGlo, AuraHD
I love my KOBO GLO, mostly because I usually fall asleep reading, and this way I don't wake up and have to turn out a light
Mostly Math is offline   Reply With Quote