Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 06-15-2011, 09:25 AM   #1
Valkrider
Addict
Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, iPadAir2, PRS600, iPhone 6, iPod, Palm TX
Book doesn't display text in night mode

I usually read my books in night mode on my Android tablet.

I have just converted a book from Mobi to epub as usual. I have done this many times in the past without issue BUT this particular book will not display any text in night mode (white text on black background) IF I switch to day mode (black on white) then the text is perfectly readable.

Anybody got any ideas?
Valkrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 09:42 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkrider View Post
I usually read my books in night mode on my Android tablet.

I have just converted a book from Mobi to epub as usual. I have done this many times in the past without issue BUT this particular book will not display any text in night mode (white text on black background) IF I switch to day mode (black on white) then the text is perfectly readable.

Anybody got any ideas?
Safety mode for a really scary book that should not really be read at nite

Someone may have hard coded the font and background colors? (Note: I use e-Ink and it's all grey to me )
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 02:49 AM   #3
Valkrider
Addict
Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I checked the CSS and the html and there is no color statements at all so I am at a loss. Anyone any other suggestions?
Old 06-16-2011, 10:50 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
I checked the CSS and the html and there is no color statements at all so I am at a loss. Anyone any other suggestions?
The color/background statements might be inline in the actual html not in the css.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 04:01 PM   #5
Valkrider
Addict

As I said previously I have checked all the html and there are no font color styles as spans or anywhere else in the html code
Old 06-18-2011, 09:22 AM   #6
Valkrider
Addict

This looks to be an Aldiko problem rather than a Calibre conversion issue. I have opened the offending book in CoolReader and it displays fine in night mode in that application. I have therefore raised it with Aldiko support.

Last edited by Valkrider; 06-19-2011 at 02:19 AM.
Old 06-18-2011, 09:25 AM   #7
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
This looks to be an Aldiko problem rather than a Caliber conversion issue. I have opened the offending book in CoolReader and it displays fine in night mode in that application. I have therefore raised it with Aldiko support.
Good to know, thanks for the update.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote