Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 07-18-2010, 04:16 AM   #1
bookie
bookie began at the beginning.

Device: nokia
Question using eReader at altitude and in sub zero centigrade temperatures

hi all

I have an eReader similar to the Bebook.
Hardware is: CPU Samsung Arm9 200Mhz
Storage is NAND FLASH
Memory is SD: 32 MB and internal 2MB NOR FLASH
Battery is an Li-ION 950mAh

I'm planning to take this on a Himalayan expedition which will involve camping at 4800 metres and temperatures down to about 5 degrees below 0 (centigrade).

Has anyone had any experience using an eReader with these specs under these conditions? (I will be camping lower and it may not be quite this cold but these are the extremes I would like to plan for).

thanks all for your help
bookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 05:49 AM   #2
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
You could ask kindlekitten as in this post https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...70&postcount=9

would have thought battery would be the weakest part ?

I'm sure I've seen another post somewhere asking a similar question to yours but I can't seem to find it ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-18-2010, 11:56 AM   #3
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
I have not seen anything that contradicts the following from 2007: A Question of Temperatures!. The display operating and storage temperature ranges are directly from EInk, and are the same for Vizplex and the new Pearl screens (on the latest Kindle DX).
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote