Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 05-26-2010, 02:37 PM   #1
jpt
Enthusiast
jpt began at the beginning.

Device: OLPC; Nokia 770; White EZ Reader Pocket Pro; Bookeen Cybook Odyssey
Bug in MobiPocket font rendering?

Hey--
I've noticed that the text in MobiPocket books seems to be a bit wider (or shorter) than text in the same font elsewhere (in other books and in menus). Anyone else have this problem, and does anyone know a way to fix it?

Thanks,

-- J.P.
jpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 06:58 PM   #2
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I've seen the shorter problem with user fonts. Specially Italics. It doesn't always rending them fully on certain letters. I sometimes have to guess what the letter is suppose to be.

I read at 3x so I don't notice them being wider.

I'm currently using these custom fonts.
Gentium Book Basic
Fontin Sans
Thesis Sans
Arial Narrow
Helvetica Neue

Almost all have rendering issues with Italics on long letter such as t,f,y...etc
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-26-2010, 08:22 PM   #3
jpt
Enthusiast
jpt began at the beginning.

Device: OLPC; Nokia 770; White EZ Reader Pocket Pro; Bookeen Cybook Odyssey
Well, I know that the font rendering is worse with italics. I think it just renders them shorter than *everything else*.

As for my current fonts:
- Lido STF CE
- Granddesign Neue Serif
- DejaVu Serif Condensed
- Charis SIL Compact
- Ikarius

-- J.P.
jpt is offline   Reply With Quote