Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-26-2009, 07:55 AM   #1
tonyc46
tonyc46 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Gen 6
PRS-505 Books from Reader to Library

I'm sure this has been asked numerous times but I cannot get a search that will narrow it down to find it. So, I apologize.

I have a lot of books in my SD card and in my reader memory. I have none in the library. I've tried to get the books to copy over to the library but nothing I do will bring the books over with the information. My books in the reader have the correct titles and the authors (last name, first name). When they get to the library, via the folder where they are stored, they are a mess.

Is there a way to bring them from the cards directly to the library?

Thanks.

Tony
tonyc46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 11:30 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No, there isn't. The problem is that the SONY reader stores metadata in a separate file, nit in the book files themselves. So adding the book files to the library is not guaranteed to copy the metadata
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert