Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-20-2008, 02:04 PM   #1
josecastanon1
josecastanon1 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
problems w/ meta information in .4.98

Hi guys, hope you can help, every time i fetch info (isb, publisher, anything or a cover) i losse the text or book file dont know why, eg: in my library i have The Crying of lot 49 by Thomas Pynchon, in the inspector below it shows the path
Users/Jo/dsktop/Pynchon_Thomas/The Crying of lot 49
Formats: TXT, LRF
Comments None
Tags None

After fetching any data or adding the image i get this

Users/Jo/dsktop/Pynchon_Thomas/The Crying of lot 49
Formats: NONE
Comments None
Tags None

When searching the folder I in fact find that there is NOTHING there, anybody´s got any ideas or the same problem,? thanks a lot

uh, sorry, im using it in a mac on leopard

Last edited by josecastanon1; 10-20-2008 at 02:07 PM.
josecastanon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 02:10 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
does it happend only when you use the fetch metadata? or does it happend when you edit the title and author information by hand as well?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-20-2008, 02:58 PM   #3
josecastanon1

hi kovid, just fetch metadata when mannualy editing theres no trouble
edit: rechecked yup i can edit everything manually , adding images from my hard drive , modyfing publisher , author , etc, the ¨erasing¨occurs when fetching data from the web ( both in isbndb or the other one)

Last edited by josecastanon1; 10-20-2008 at 03:16 PM.
Old 10-20-2008, 03:10 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

that's strange. what happens if you open the eidt metadata dialog, change both the title and author and then click OK
Old 10-20-2008, 03:19 PM   #5
josecastanon1

nothing it changes seamlesly, (keeping the file that is) i changed tha author to TomPynch and the book title to tsol49... there is no trouble reading the file
Advert
Old 10-20-2008, 04:02 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

hmm ok i'll have to look into this in detail. open a ticket for it.
Old 10-20-2008, 04:20 PM   #7
josecastanon1

ok kovid, uhmm well its obviously my first ticket.. ever.. so i filled the description area but what about assign to , priority ,milestone and version ... im guessing type is defect and component is GUI?
Old 10-20-2008, 04:30 PM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

just leave them all as the default entries
Old 10-20-2008, 04:34 PM   #9
josecastanon1

done Ticket #1190