Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-28-2012, 03:44 PM   #31
inameiname
Groupie
inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
To see how fast a video game can update the eink screen using ordered dither, check out this video of a kindle touch playing an old black and white movie clip:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho....php?p=2020810

We should be able to borrow code from that video player when it is published to use in video games.
That's pretty cool. I'd love to test that video on my Kindle 3. Would it work on this version of the Kindle too? Not necessarily for any other reason than to show people that my Kindle can play movies. Hehe.

Regardless, I can see how much better a potential video game could play using the screen refresh/update settings from that.
inameiname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 04:16 PM   #32
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
The K3 uses the same screen so it should be possible. The framerates I posted (to which this video player seems to be following) were tested on the K3.

Of course, the dithered-video drivers used in this video player were tuned for the touch, but they should be adaptable to the K3, and useable in video games.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-28-2012, 07:38 PM   #33
tradingbr
tradingbr began at the beginning.

Device: KT
Make this available on the KT and I shall grant you intercourse with my sister
tradingbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 07:41 PM   #34
geekmaster
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tradingbr View Post
Make this available on the KT and I shall grant you intercourse with my sister
But do you have trading rights on your sister's services?

Last edited by geekmaster; 03-28-2012 at 07:43 PM.
Old 03-30-2012, 10:19 AM   #35
varnie
Connoisseur
varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Touch
sorry for my ignorant question.
I couldn't find any suitable ROM files for the gameboy emulator running on Kindle Touch.
Even that Tetris.rom says
Quote:
ERROR: only 4BPP is supported for now
So, which ROM files runs well on the kindle touch (if there're any)?

Last edited by varnie; 03-30-2012 at 10:35 AM.
varnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-30-2012, 12:53 PM   #36
geekmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by varnie View Post
sorry for my ignorant question.
I couldn't find any suitable ROM files for the gameboy emulator running on Kindle Touch.
Even that Tetris.rom says

So, which ROM files runs well on the kindle touch (if there're any)?
It is not a ROM file issue, but the fact that you are running a 4 BPP program for the K3 on an 8 BPP framebuffer in the Touch.

You need a version of gnuboy ported to the touch, with changes to support eh 8 BPP framebuffer.
Old 04-01-2012, 12:10 PM   #37
tradingbr
tradingbr began at the beginning.

Device: KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
But do you have trading rights on your sister's services?
I bought my sister's soul
tradingbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 12:03 AM   #38
jonthedit
Nameless Being

Could someone compile this for me?
Old 04-03-2012, 07:53 AM   #39
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
The archive in the OP also contains a readily compiled version. I was just too lazy to separate sources and the binary, and it's quite small anyway.
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 05:46 AM   #40
aBP
aBP began at the beginning.

Device: K4NT
It would be amazing to have this on the K4! I really hope someone ports it soon!
aBP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 10:21 PM   #41
jmseight
Zealot
jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle 3G, Kindle Touch 3G, iRiver Story HD, Sony Reader
Hi Hawhill,

This is a great application and my son loves it.

I wrote a little script to do ls of the installed roms on the screen and asks the user to type in the ROM to load (with geekmaster's keyboard input program).

Have you made the version with the 3x pixel size increase?

Also, have you gotten sound to work?

Thanks,
James
jmseight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 06:09 AM   #42
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Oh, thanks :-) I think people would enjoy if you published that script!
I've not gotten around to spend further work on this. But I certainly will :-)

Now, what can I do to help you motivate your son to read some books, too? :-)
Old 04-15-2012, 07:22 AM   #43
Conner
Enthusiast
Conner began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
ok, How do i install?
Conner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 07:49 AM   #44
hawhill
Wizard

As it is now: you don't. You just copy over the fbgnuboy binary over to your Kindle and somehow manage to run it - e.g. by using a custom launchpad configuration, by using a terminal like myts etc.

It does not have any UI interfacing (yet).
Old 04-15-2012, 01:58 PM   #45
Conner
Enthusiast
Conner began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
if it has no ui , then how do i select a rom?
Conner is offline   Reply With Quote