Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-15-2011, 03:05 AM   #1
Andanzas
Out of print
Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500 (recycled), Pocketbook Inkpad X Pro
Kindle DX for $299 (Gold Box offer)

Amazon is selling the Kindle DX for $299 today... I wonder if this means a new model is coming up.
Andanzas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 05:39 AM   #2
grumpy3b
Banned
grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.

Device: Kindle 2 (x2), Kindle 1, a couple old PDAs
http://www.amazon.com/gp/goldbox/ref...740_pe_00_head
grumpy3b is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-15-2011, 01:27 PM   #3
Angst
Cannon Fodder
Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, Kindle DX, Kindle Paperwhite
Oh Boy. This is going to be a hard one to resist!

[Breath deeply]
[Steady John, Steady]
[Just keep moving along]
Angst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 04:09 PM   #4
Andanzas
Out of print
Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500 (recycled), Pocketbook Inkpad X Pro
I am also on the fence. I think it would be a great companion to my little PRS-350 (which I absolutely love). But there are several things stopping me.

1. From what I read, PDF support is still lacking. And Amazon hasn't released an update in more than a year, so they are not really supporting this product anymore, it seems.

2. I am afraid to buy it now only to see a new, better DX in a few months. Amazon usually releases new Kindles during the summer, right?

3. I also want a tablet. Maybe I can use the tablet to read those annoying PDFs that I come across from time to time. I would keep using my beloved PRS-350 as my main reader, of course.

I don't know... A large e-ink reader would certainly be nice...
Andanzas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 11:18 PM   #5
advocate2
My Kingdom for Karma
advocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the rough

Device: Sony 350, 650, 950, Nook Color
My DX is my favorite reader around the house. It is so fun to read on. I have the Sony 950 for travel. I think it is important to have two readers if you can afford it.
advocate2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-16-2011, 03:17 AM   #6
ebioman
Enthusiast
ebioman began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andanzas View Post

1. From what I read, PDF support is still lacking. And Amazon hasn't released an update in more than a year, so they are not really supporting this product anymore, it seems.

2. I am afraid to buy it now only to see a new, better DX in a few months. Amazon usually releases new Kindles during the summer, right?

I totally agree. Would love to get finally a DX since the first day I got the new Kindle.
I have to read a lot of scientific literature and reports and it would be just perfect for it.
BUT, the pdf support is still poor compared to the normal Kindle, no update released for a long time and the fear that a new one (hopefully without these drawbacks) would be released soon are holding me back.

I really hope that they manage to get the pdf support enhanced. Some annotation, export and so on function would make this device just perfect.
ebioman is offline   Reply With Quote