Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-12-2010, 01:26 AM   #1
bkilian
Zealot
bkilian can name that song in three notesbkilian can name that song in three notesbkilian can name that song in three notesbkilian can name that song in three notesbkilian can name that song in three notesbkilian can name that song in three notesbkilian can name that song in three notesbkilian can name that song in three notesbkilian can name that song in three notesbkilian can name that song in three notesbkilian can name that song in three notes

Device: Sony PRS/505
Kindle 3 Browser problems

I'm having huge issues with my Kindle 3 browser. I haven't yet managed to successfully open a single web page. Facebook doesn't load, m.facebook doesn't allow me to enter my username and password. Every time I try browse, it either doesn't work properly, fails entirely, or crashes the kindle and reboots it.

I don't see any other threads about this, am I the only one?
bkilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 01:36 AM   #2
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
My browser is stable and works well on most pages. I don't know why you're having problems, but I'd suggest calling customer service. They'll probably tell you to slide the power switch over and hold it for 20 seconds to reset your Kindle and try again.

Also, are you running the 3.0.1 update? That seems to have helped browser stability for a lot of people.

Do you have a specific URL that gives you trouble every time? We could check that out and see if it works for anyone else.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 02:30 AM   #3
Tiersten
Guru
Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi
Reset the Kindle. Other people have had odd issues with loading certain sites and its generally been fixed by restarting the Kindle or by doing a reset where you slide and hold the power button for 20 seconds.

The 3.0.1 update fixes some bugs with the browser (and various other things) so you might want to get that first.

I know Facebook works on the Kindle and I've even used it with the original 3.0 firmware without any problems.
Tiersten is offline   Reply With Quote